Anybody else having a problem actually GETTING a 6S+?

Lorenzo Franchitti

May 10, 2015
Visit site
I typically buy my iPhone's off contract, as our carriers here in the UK REALLY like 2 year contracts. Last year I got my iPhone 6+ preferred colour and capacity with no problems, even without a reservation about a week or two after launch. This year I TRIED to do the same, but was told there were no plus phones in stock AT ALL. I decided to check the Apple Store online reservations system and there were of course, no stock of the plus phones anywhere, in any stores, anywhere in the country. I'm aware I can order one of course, but I'm travelling for 2 weeks from next Wednesday so I'd like to try and order one in store first, rather than have to wait until I get back. I Is anybody else still trying to get hold of a 6S plus? I've been trying to check the reservations website, but only the occasional phone shows up in a random city when I look. What are the best times to check the reservations website and when do apple stores usually get stock in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fadedlogic

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
There are a couple of websites that check store availability for you; istocknow and idevicechecker.

My employer has a few thousand lines with Verizon, and we are having a difficult time getting any 6s+ ordered. If you check for an unlocked device, may improve your chances.

Check very early each morning and late at night when inventories are checked and shipments logged.

Good luck!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The BEST time to check and order is @8AM for availabilty to the closest Apple Store near you and make same day reservation. This is exactly what I did and it worked. I placed my order for full payment @8:01AM and picked it up @1:00PM same day.

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Having a hard time as well. The nearest Apple Store to me is in El Paso, almost 5 hours away. Sadly, I'm left to just ordering online and having it delivered at the end of the month. Going to be a looooooong wait.

Sent from my  iPhone 5C using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The BEST time to check and order is @8AM for availabilty to the closest Apple Store near you and make same day reservation. This is exactly what I did and it worked. I placed my order for full payment @8:01AM and picked it up @1:00PM same day.

And on top of this suggestion, you can keep checking throughout the day because plenty of Apple Stores receive stock more than once a day. I checked around 3PM after having checked a few times before that and they had what I wanted in stock. Reserved it and picked it up same day.

j0celyn

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I would keep checking throughout the day like others have suggested because I checked today at 1:50PM on istocknow and saw that it showed what I wanted but I double checked apple and sure enough it was still available so I reserved a 6s+ RG 64GB for pickup later on today.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'll tell you what I did last year. I just walked in to the Apple Store a week or two after the 6 and 6+ released and got in line and got what I wanted, even though their website said the color/model I wanted was not in stock.

Lorenzo Franchitti

May 10, 2015
Visit site
A 6S Plus Space Grey 64 showed up earlier in one of the stores near to me, close, but I'm looking for a 128GB model. Will have to check back tomorrow at 8 to see!

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if Apple still does this, but after ALL the stores in the area have closed (usually 10 or 11PM around here) you can go on their website and, if you're quick enough, it'll show you any stock that's been leftover from the day. By that I mean any devices that were previously reserved and weren't picked up. I managed to get my hands on an iPhone 5 years ago that way, but it was literally a be on the website on the dot at 11 and making sure I had all my payment info saved so it would take me ~1 minute to complete the transaction. Next day I went to the Grand Central location and had the phone in hand.

Lorenzo Franchitti

May 10, 2015
Visit site
I've been looking on their website throughout the day for the past few days at different times, and the same thing still happens. A few stores in London get some stock, sell out in 15 minutes, and it's back to being "unavailable" then. Anybody else still unable to find any of the 128GB in stock?

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I just put in an order on Verizon's website. My Note 3 has been a good phone the last two years. I can hold out for another month.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Lorenzo Franchitti

May 10, 2015
Visit site
I just put in an order on Verizon's website. My Note 3 has been a good phone the last two years. I can hold out for another month.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Might just place an online order on the Apple Store website so that it arrives before I'm back home, that is if I still don't find one in store.

Aaron Starr

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Your best option to get the phone is to reserve it thru Apples website at your local Apple Store.

Every morning at 8AM Apple starts accepting reservations for the stock they're going to receive. Make sure you make your reservation at a time when you know you going to be able to make it . If you don't they will cancel it and the phone goes back into inventory. It will be a good time before you can walk into a Apple store any day and just pick up a 6S Plus. Especially with the holidays coming up

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I've been checking multiple times a day every day. Usually nothing. Occasionally a 64 or 128 will show up (want a 64 though 128 could be a possibility) but it's always in rose gold and nothing else. Don't want rose gold. Looked at one in person at a Best Buy and if it wasn't so pink and more gold I'd go for it, but it was too much. So I've been holding out for a silver, which nobody seems to have anywhere in the US if istocknow is to be believed.

Lorenzo Franchitti

May 10, 2015
Visit site
I've been checking multiple times a day every day. Usually nothing. Occasionally a 64 or 128 will show up (want a 64 though 128 could be a possibility) but it's always in rose gold and nothing else. Don't want rose gold. Looked at one in person at a Best Buy and if it wasn't so pink and more gold I'd go for it, but it was too much. So I've been holding out for a silver, which nobody seems to have anywhere in the US if istocknow is to be believed.

The 6S+ is still showing mostly out of stock here as well. I've also been checking multiple times a day. The problem here is that occasionally the phone I want will show up sometimes, but it's ALWAYS in a store that's at least 5 hours way from me in England. I decided just to give up and order mine from the Apple Store online!

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I check the Apple website every morning at 8 am and finally found the 6s+ 128gb space grey in the sim free version, which is what I preferred anyways. It's the AT&T with the extra band 30. Made my reservation and picked it up last night. Took about 15 minutes and I was done. I have been checking off and on for a couple of weeks. Takes time right now because it still so new and everyone including me is trying to get one LOL. Coming from a 6+ 128gb I'm excited to experience the new features!!

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
No problems here. The apple website shows 1-3 working days for delivery.

Huh? I just ordered one for 2-3 weeks delivery (sim free 64GB). None available at any store in DFW. In fact almost no 6s+ for any carrier.

Posted via my Nexus 6 with Marshmallow!

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Huh? I just ordered one for 2-3 weeks delivery (sim free 64GB). None available at any store in DFW. In fact almost no 6s+ for any carrier.

Posted via my Nexus 6 with Marshmallow!

I found mine at The Woodlands Store just north of Houston on I45.

nnj155

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I've had an order for a Space Gray 64gb 6s+ in with Verizon since September. First my estimated delivery date was October 12 then last week it was pushed back to October 26. Yesterday I stopped into my local Apple store and my local Best Buy. Employees at each store basically told me the same thing: that it was incredibly optimistic to think my phone was going to be delivered anywhere near the 26th of this month and that most likely it would be the middle of November at the earliest. I check every Apple store in my state (NJ) every morning and the phones are either gone almost instantly or they flat out don't have any available.

Worst of all, there's no one commenting on why it is this way. If it's just super high demand that's fine. If it's problem with the manufacturing process, I get that. I just wish someone would say something on the matter. Apple and Verizon are just frustratingly quiet.

Also, and this may sound stupid, I'm a little bit peeved hearing about launches in second wave countries when there so many people in first wave countries still waiting.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234