Advice for Considering the 6S+...

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I picked up my 6S on Friday. In the days leading up to my appointment, I started to waffle on whether I wanted the 6S or the plus. I'm coming from the 5S. Now that I have this wonderful screen, I'm kinda wanting MORE! But one simple thing stopped me from asking to change at my reservation appointment. I put a display model in my pocket and it didn't fit. (I'm pretty slim.)

In the days since though, I just can't help but wonder what could be. For things like optical stabilization, for one. But also, this huge thought has occurred to me. I'm kind of getting tired of the iPhone and iPad leap frogging each other. I have an iPad Air 2. Now with my 6S and enjoying the features of 3D touch, I find myself trying to do it on my iPad. Just like the last generation, when I tried to use TouchID on my previous iPad. It's frustrating to have to recall what I can do where.

The main things I've used my iPad for in the past was reading magazines and doing a little word processing when on the go. Everything else I do can be done comfortably on either device I feel like.

So what advice would you give about me taking my 6S back and really just making it my one device, and dropping the use of the iPad? Can the 6s+ do it all with justice?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
That was what I did with the iPhone 6 Plus. I pretty much stopped using my iPad Air 2 except for reading digital comic books (because the size matched better).

If you don't need a 9.7-inch screen, you'll likely be happy with a big phone/tiny tablet. At least if you don't mind all your stuff being on one device with one battery.

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
That was what I did with the iPhone 6 Plus. I pretty much stopped using my iPad Air 2 except for reading digital comic books (because the size matched better).

If you don't need a 9.7-inch screen, you'll likely be happy with a big phone/tiny tablet. At least if you don't mind all your stuff being on one device with one battery.

Nice to see my thoughts affirmed. These days, I'm not really reading magazines anymore. I'm down to two subscriptions and I've not read either one in months. About the most consistent thing I do now that the bigger screen is useful for--and no reason to stop doing so--is journaling in Day One.

So aside from my Apple Store being out of everything but the 16GB gold model of the 6S+, I think I'm going to give it a go, and see if the pros outweigh the cons.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
So aside from my Apple Store being out of everything but the 16GB gold model of the 6S+, I think I'm going to give it a go, and see if the pros outweigh the cons

A little trick I learned about ordering from the Apple Store. Go on the Apple website at 8AM in the morning and check for availabilty of the device you want and order for same day pick up at your local Apple store. This worked for me.

law2010

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Nice to see my thoughts affirmed. These days, I'm not really reading magazines anymore. I'm down to two subscriptions and I've not read either one in months. About the most consistent thing I do now that the bigger screen is useful for--and no reason to stop doing so--is journaling in Day One.

So aside from my Apple Store being out of everything but the 16GB gold model of the 6S+, I think I'm going to give it a go, and see if the pros outweigh the cons.

I love my 6S Plus. Is it the most pocket friendly phone in the sense that you can't feel it in your pocket? No. But if you watch a lot of media, take lots of pictures, type a bunch of emails, and send hundreds of texts a day, then this phone is for you.

There is also an appreciable difference in weight. The iPhone 6S is considerably lighter. If you want a really light phone, stick with the 6S.

I am willing to put up with the additional size and weight for an amazing media consumption device.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the midst of the same debate. I want to get an iPad for school, but I've also considered just getting a 6s+

What's keeping me away is that when I tried the original + I wasn't a fan of the size much. But maybe now that I need it's bigger screen, I'll be able to justify making some sacrifices...

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I think the main thing will be multitasking. U can't do split screen on the iPhone. Honestly if that is not an essential feature you use, I would say go for it! I loved the switch from 6 to 6S plus.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I am not tall and I'm blessed/cursed with my Mom's body type....I'm not built like a 12 year old boy. So there is no spare room in my jeans for my 6 Plus. However, I would NOT give it up. That screen is to die for. And the battery alone is difficult to give up.

You learn to adjust in favour of what is most important to you.

Last edited:

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the 6S+ and an iPad Mini because I use them all for different things when I use my phone in the car I get a little carsick and I'm tired of carrying around a paperwhite, iPad 2, and phone. I just wanted to consolidate devices without having to worry about the battery on my phone running low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Finally! Seven days later there is a space gray 64 GB 6S+ in stock at my Apple Store. It's the sim-free one, which is just fine (I think?). I'll just use the sim in the phone I'm returning, or if they won't let me do that, head to the Verizon store. But I'm jumping on this seeing as I only have seven more days before I can return the 6S....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711