Most Wanted Missing Feature

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I also do think a notification LED that could be toggled on and off would be cool (again back to those blackberry days)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I can compromise with the pizza as long as it has no anchovies or olives.
Me too... I'd go for either of two pizzas inspired by characters on NCIS... DiNozo's favorite...Peparoni, sausage and extra cheese... or FBI Agent Fornell's favorite...Peparoni & onion... :)

KingGrimlock

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Some of the stuff I'd like have already been listed:
1. Micro SD card slot
2. IR blaster
3. Front facing speakers
But what I'd really like is multiwindow.

Last edited:

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I also do think a notification LED that could be toggled on and off would be cool (again back to those blackberry days)

No thanks.

Oh please not this discussion again...

some of the stuff i'd like have already been listed:
1. micro sd card slot
2. ir blaster
3. front facing speakers
but what i'd really like is multiwindow.

Like HankAZ said microSD will never be on the iPhone too many problems with them but I would love to see front facing speakers as I used a Nexus 6 for a week and they were awesome!!

The Lannisters send their regards

maverick786us

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I have added some more points.

1) Wireless charging
2) Turbo charging boost
3) Rich HAAC video recording which requires 3-4 micro-phones
4) Stereo recording.
5) Smart dialing
6) Customization.
7) Front facing stereo speakers with boom sound
8) Glance Screen
9) Double tap to wake up the screen
10) Loss less zoom.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
If you do a search on "LED" or "blinky" you will see that this comes up with every iteration of "what feature do you want in the next iPhone" discussion. It often becomes a contentious discussion, but so far, Apple has seen fit not to add it. After NINE iterations of the iPhone, it's a safe bet that we will never see this "feature" on an iPhone. And frankly, that pleases me.

I definitely know we won't get it. I didn't know the issue was such a big one. I just posted since this is the "what feature do you 'want' that is missing" thread. And it is missing and I would like it haha I totally understand it will probably never happen.

Pinito-kun

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I have added some more points.

1) Wireless charging
2) Turbo charging boost
3) Rich HAAC video recording which requires 3-4 micro-phones
4) Stereo recording.
5) Smart dialing
6) Customization.
7) Front facing stereo speakers with boom sound
8) Glance Screen
9) Double tap to wake up the screen
10) Loss less zoom.

So you basically want a Windows 10 Mobile phone... :yes:

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I do miss the stereo speakers on my M9. I also wish the Plus iPhones had split screen and pip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Boland

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Hey let's start a list of all the things these geniuses have left out of iOS 9. How hard can it be to add these features?

1. A Scroll Bar (so sick and tired of swiping for an hour to get to the bottom of a page)

Ugh . . . the iPhone and iPad "are" swiping devices. :)

All phones are swiping devices but Apple is the only one without a scroll bar.

Windows phones don't have a scroll bar either. Just be glad you apple guys can tap to get back to the top of a page. Guess what us windows guys have to do.... (Swipey swipe)

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Sandbox free developer mode. I would also consider an alternate SKU (the iDeveloper Phone) an acceptable compromise for people that don't want to have side loading on their phone.

This one feature would probably guarantee all of the software quirks about Android that I find endearing would make their way to iOS. If I could finally run my 90s Mac emulator on my iPad, I could throw away my MacBook.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Well if we can have our cake and eat it too...

A VM feature like parallels that would let me run Windows 10, Android, etc. Even Win XP or OSX, DOS, etc. With full functionality just as it does on my Mac.

Have to admit it would be pretty funny running Quickbooks on my iphone. :biggrin:

Doing it on ipad pro...hmmm now we're on to something.

jlgraham

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm coming from a Moto X, so I'd love to see:

1. Active Display/Glance, where you touch the phone or wave your hand over the screen, and it shows the time/unread notifications. After a week with my 6s Plus, I still wave my hand over it at least once a day trying to see the time.

2. Front Facing Stereo Speakers, I don't care if they are "boomsound", roll them in with the Beats brand for all I care, just put them on the front.
2b, on the same note, I'd love if Apple would use a more serious DAC and amp for the headphone output. The sound quality is fine now, but it could be much better. With Apple making "premium" smartphones, it makes perfect sense, and makes even more sense when you consider they now own Beats.

3. Home screen widgets, I never used these extensively on Android but the one I really do miss is my calendar widget. It was really nice to be able to scroll through my day on the home screen. The one in the notification center is OK, but I can't find a way to make it open google calendar when I tap an appointment, so I still have to go back to the home screen and open my calendar app to make changes.

4. Battery lights, this simple little thing is one of my favorite parts of my Macbook pro. It makes more sense on a laptop, where you would otherwise have to open it to see remaning battery, but I'd love if there was a small button somewhere I could press that then lights up a string of LEDs showing remaining battery, without waking the phone. Better yet, on my Macbook pro, this works even when the laptop is shut down and completely off. The way they designed it on my macbook looks great, so I'm sure they could make it sleek on an iPhone. Put it where the speaker grill is now, and put stereo speakers on the front.

5. Ability to place icons anywhere on the screen, especially with the size of the 6s Plus, it'd be great if when a home screen isn't full, I could put the icons/folders where ever I want on the screen, rather than having them all at the top. Double tapping the home button brings them down, but since I only have half the screen full, why not just leave them on the bottom where I can reach them with my thumb all the time?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'm coming from a Moto X, so I'd love to see:

1. Active Display/Glance, where you touch the phone or wave your hand over the screen, and it shows the time/unread notifications. After a week with my 6s Plus, I still wave my hand over it at least once a day trying to see the time.

2. Front Facing Stereo Speakers, I don't care if they are "boomsound", roll them in with the Beats brand for all I care, just put them on the front.
2b, on the same note, I'd love if Apple would use a more serious DAC and amp for the headphone output. The sound quality is fine now, but it could be much better. With Apple making "premium" smartphones, it makes perfect sense, and makes even more sense when you consider they now own Beats.

3. Home screen widgets, I never used these extensively on Android but the one I really do miss is my calendar widget. It was really nice to be able to scroll through my day on the home screen. The one in the notification center is OK, but I can't find a way to make it open google calendar when I tap an appointment, so I still have to go back to the home screen and open my calendar app to make changes.

4. Battery lights, this simple little thing is one of my favorite parts of my Macbook pro. It makes more sense on a laptop, where you would otherwise have to open it to see remaning battery, but I'd love if there was a small button somewhere I could press that then lights up a string of LEDs showing remaining battery, without waking the phone. Better yet, on my Macbook pro, this works even when the laptop is shut down and completely off. The way they designed it on my macbook looks great, so I'm sure they could make it sleek on an iPhone. Put it where the speaker grill is now, and put stereo speakers on the front.

5. Ability to place icons anywhere on the screen, especially with the size of the 6s Plus, it'd be great if when a home screen isn't full, I could put the icons/folders where ever I want on the screen, rather than having them all at the top. Double tapping the home button brings them down, but since I only have half the screen full, why not just leave them on the bottom where I can reach them with my thumb all the time?

#5 you mentioned is something I'd love to see. I don't mind not having an app drawer, but placing the icons within reach on the Plus would be awesome. Also depending on my wallpaper at the time I like to arrange the icons to not cover it.

thecaringkind

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
DUAL FRONT FACING STEREO SPEAKERS! Badly needed especially when you're already rocking substantial bezels top and bottom Also actual widgets. Apple has been way behind the curve on this one...

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
DUAL FRONT FACING STEREO SPEAKERS! Badly needed especially when you're already rocking substantial bezels top and bottom Also actual widgets. Apple has been way behind the curve on this one...

I'll agree with you on ffs, but I really can't stand widgets. I've never seen a well implemented one.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner