Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 293
Like Tree64Likes
  1. #176  
    mr_coldharbour's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    49 Posts

    Default Re: How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by gernerttl View Post
    How do I check my battery usage history?

    I want to check usage stats from yesterday and compare them to today's. Yesterday I had approx. 37 or 38% before I finally put my phone on the charger; approx. 14 or 15 hours of usage off the charger. Which is not to shabby. That is generally within my normal range.


    Today I''m at 62% and it's been about 15 hours without it being charged. I don't think I did anything different and I am curious.

    I got the 9.2.1 update yesterday afternoon/evening and I wanted to compare data from 9.2 and 9.2.1. It seems that some of those fixes included tweaking the OS to get better battery life.
    iOS won't display a day-by-day comparison. It'll show you the last 24hrs and 7days.
    gernerttl likes this.
  2. #177  
    gernerttl's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,354 Global Posts

    Default Re: How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_coldharbour View Post
    iOS won't display a day-by-day comparison. It'll show you the last 24hrs and 7days.
    Thanks. Is there an app for that? Lol
  3. #178  

    Default Re: How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by gernerttl View Post
    Thanks. Is there an app for that? Lol
    Just get a screenshot of your stats each day at the same time.
  4. #179  
    mr_coldharbour's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    49 Posts

    Default Re: How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

    How is the 6s+ battery life so far?-imoreappimg_20160126_222438.jpg
    Quite pleased with mine these last few days. Single-charge, never plugged in during that timespan.

    Most used apps: Overcast, Safari, Tweetbot 3 and Instagram.
    Last edited by mr_coldharbour; 01-26-2016 at 04:37 PM.
  5. #180  
    WeTheNorthRTZ's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

    Default Re: How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

    First one I had was average... very average... died by 3-5pm usually every day! Replacement is definitely the best battery Ive had on a smartphone yet!
  6. #181  
    Zendroid1's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,759 Global Posts

    Default Re: How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

    I've had 2 6S Plus iPhones and one definitely had better battery life than the other but both get me through a day just fine. The first one I'd have 50%+ at the end of a day this one about 40%. I won't get into the chip makers on each.
  7. #182  
    femme's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

    Default Re: How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

    Coming from a Note 4, battery life is amazing. My note died every day around 3. My 6s+ still has 20% when I go to bed.
    iReP PHiLLY likes this.
  8. #183  
    iReP PHiLLY's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

    Default Re: How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

    Battery life is great. Hands down the best I have ever experienced with any iPhone.
  9. #184  
    tda7's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    12 Posts

    Default Re: How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

    My max
    mr_coldharbour likes this.
  10. #185  
    NexusGirlX's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    380 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,946 Global Posts

    Default Re: How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

    This is the best battery life I have ever gotten on my 128GB 6S+. About three of those hours were listening to music in my car because I forgot my iPod Classic at home.

    How is the 6s+ battery life so far?-img_9907.jpg
    mr_coldharbour likes this.
  11. #186  

    Default Re: How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by NexusGirlX View Post
    This is the best battery life I have ever gotten on my 128GB 6S+. About three of those hours were listening to music in my car because I forgot my iPod Classic at home.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9907.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	125.2 KB 
ID:	102187
    How old is this phone? You obviously don't use it much daily. I got my 6s Plus September 25th and have used it almost non stop from 5:30 am to midnight every day since. So I'm down to between 8 to 10 hours usage per charge. I'm a heavy user with all I do too.
  12. #187  
    NexusGirlX's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    380 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,946 Global Posts

    Default Re: How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    How old is this phone? You obviously don't use it much daily. I got my 6s Plus September 25th and have used it almost non stop from 5:30 am to midnight every day since. So I'm down to between 8 to 10 hours usage per charge. I'm a heavy user with all I do too.
    I bought it in December along with a 6S. I also use a Note 5 and a Note Edge.
  13. #188  
    thoughthalo's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

    Default Re: How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by NexusGirlX View Post
    I bought it in December along with a 6S. I also use a Note 5 and a Note Edge.
    Wow.. So if i understood correctly you carry and use 4 phones at the same time?
  14. #189  
    NexusGirlX's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    380 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,946 Global Posts

    Default Re: How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by thoughthalo View Post
    Wow.. So if i understood correctly you carry and use 4 phones at the same time?
    I have four activated through T-Mobile but I don't carry all four with me. I mostly just use them at home and take one with me. Lately I've been using the Note 5 as my main phone since I just got last Thursday.

    I only give out one of the numbers and no one knows the other three.
  15. #190  
    thoughthalo's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

    Default Re: How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by NexusGirlX View Post
    I have four activated through T-Mobile but I don't carry all four with me. I mostly just use them at home and take one with me. Lately I've been using the Note 5 as my main phone since I just got last Thursday.

    I only give out one of the numbers and no one knows the other three.
    Makes sense.. I thought i was the odd on out owning and carrying the 6s plus and the 6s at the same time. You have got me motivated in keeping my options open for adding additional lines
  16. #191  
    NexusGirlX's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    380 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,946 Global Posts

    Default Re: How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by thoughthalo View Post
    Makes sense.. I thought i was the odd on out owning and carrying the 6s plus and the 6s at the same time. You have got me motivated in keeping my options open for adding additional lines
    I've had the four lines 10GB data on each for $120 since September. That's only $20 more then when I was paying $100 for two unlimited lines. I still have more data then I can ever use and I can still have four phones activated and take any phone with me without having to swap sims.

    I'm just having fun with those lines now and I'm sure eventually I'll probably cut it back to two again.
  17. #192  
    thoughthalo's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

    Default Re: How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by NexusGirlX View Post
    I've had the four lines 10GB data on each for $120 since September. That's only $20 more then when I was paying $100 for two unlimited lines. I still have more data then I can ever use and I can still have four phones activated and take any phone with me without having to swap sims.

    I'm just having fun with those lines now and I'm sure eventually I'll probably cut it back to two again.
    Ok, got ya. But you would also be paying the instalment plans for the phones if not bought outright? Hey, if that is your passion all the power to you. Can't blame you for that, i end up doing a similar thing with my tablets and phones.
  18. #193  
    sukesh123's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

    Default Re: How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

    How is the 6s+ battery life so far?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1455263712.230241.jpg this is what I am able to get these days. Is it good by the standards.
    Last edited by sukesh123; 02-12-2016 at 02:59 AM. Reason: not relevant
  19. #194  
    sukesh123's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

    Default Re: How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

    How is the 6s+ battery life so far?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1455264036.870808.jpg

    sorry posting again as the first one was not clear. Is the battery performance standard as per your usage. I am not sure as I am a first time iPhone user.
  20. #195  
    MooMooPrincess's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,116 Posts

    Default Re: How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

    Im coming to my wits end. I'm only getting 4-6 hrs on my 6s+ . I have pretty much everything known to drain battery life disabled. And I'm a heavy user, sigh.
  21. #196  

    Default Re: How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by MooMooPrincess View Post
    Im coming to my wits end. I'm only getting 4-6 hrs on my 6s+ . I have pretty much everything known to drain battery life disabled. And I'm a heavy user, sigh.
    It could actually be a battery issue. Take it into an Apple Store or contact Apple Support. You should be covered.
  22. #197  

    Default Re: How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by MooMooPrincess View Post
    Im coming to my wits end. I'm only getting 4-6 hrs on my 6s+ . I have pretty much everything known to drain battery life disabled. And I'm a heavy user, sigh.
    Run this test on your battery. It's one the Genius Bar uses. If the battery is ok, then it's either a rogue app or something in your settings. Keep your brightness down as low as possible. I keep mine around 30%.
    The test:
    Battery test
    Write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute. If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.
  23. #198  
    MooMooPrincess's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,116 Posts

    Default Re: How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilishBanker View Post
    It could actually be a battery issue. Take it into an Apple Store or contact Apple Support. You should be covered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    Run this test on your battery. It's one the Genius Bar uses. If the battery is ok, then it's either a rogue app or something in your settings. Keep your brightness down as low as possible. I keep mine around 30%.
    The test:
    Battery test
    Write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute. If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.
    Seems to be a battery issue, blah
  24. #199  
    gernerttl's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,354 Global Posts

    Default Re: How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

    So, here is my battery experience from this weekend.

    My daughter and I went camping with our AHG Troop on the North Shore, Oahu. After arriving at our camp site at around 5:15 PM, I unplugged my phone from the charger it was at 100%. I didn't plug it into a charger again until around 10PM the following night. When I finally plugged it in, it was at 15%. Granted there were a few hours of no usage, being that we were boogie boarding and I don't have a waterproof case for it, and I wanted to use my GoPro instead. I did take a couple of videos and several photos and uploaded several to Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. I also, when I had a bit of down time, played a couple games.

    To put it in a nutshell, I went almost 29 hours on one charge and even then, I still had 15% left. That was with moderate, what I would call "normal" usage.
  25. #200  
    starsmoon8a's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    76 Posts

    Default Re: How is the 6s+ battery life so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by tda7 View Post
    Are you always on low power mode?
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-01-2015, 04:42 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2015, 04:14 PM
  3. Jetpack Joyride speeds to Hill Valley with new Back to the Future update
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2015, 02:51 PM
  4. How can I unlock my jammed screen on my iPhone 5
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2015, 02:25 PM
  5. Aaron Sorkin talks about bringing Steve Jobs to the big screen
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2015, 02:12 PM

Posting Permissions