Sound and music quality of iPhone 6s Plus

rulch

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
The 5S have better quality audio output imo.

The music audio output that I'm experiecing with the 6S Plus is terrible and you can tell the difference right away, no high's and the volume can get loud but also the audio can get distorted. I'm not sure if Apple change or upgraded the codecs, whatever, audio quality is not like the 5S.

I have a set of LG bluetooth headphones. They sound great on the 5S, but on the 6S Plus sound is muffle ... very bad.

Speaker is loud no problems there.

(Scuse my english)

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I honestly feel like it's a requirement to have a dac/amp combo with the 6s/6s plus, audio quality is way too booboo. But most people won't notice if they're not audiophiles.

mdelaney1986

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded to a 6s because I wanted 128gb to store more lossless music and ended up going back to the 64g 5s I was using. The 6s has great sound but seems to struggle at higher volumes with my lower impedance IEM's I notice more distortion and less impact and dynamics.

Being a cellphone tech I have a shop full of tools...Using a true rms multimeter, 60Hz 0dB tone and a 16 ohm pair of headphones I learned that the voltage output of both these devices is about 1volt however when the 16ohm pair of headphones was connected, the voltage on the 6s dropped to .76 while the 5s only dropped to .91

You could call this a higher impedance output on the 6s, and it certainly is. But the fact that this is accompanied by higher distortion levels and sounds like a lesser designed amp. If you are using higher impedance cans (40 ohm and up) the 6s sounds fantastic but that doesn't work for me.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I used to stream and output music from my phone's speakers at work but the sound quality isn't made for that, so now I output it to an external bluetooth speaker, much much better.

maverick786us

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I Purchased my iPhone 6s plus this weekend. The speaker sound I find it loud enough to impress me. The ear plugs that come with the device are crap. So I am using WH-930 headsets. Now when I compare it with my old Lumia 930. It is indeed louder, but I have yet to observe the difference in the music quality.

Can someone suggest me a quality, round over bluetooth headset for this device, which should also have buttons for volume, taking the calls and rewind / fast forward music?

mr_coldharbour

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Coming from a regular iPhone 6 and upgraded to the 6S Plus, I'm a bit disappointed at the OUTPUT sound volume (loudspeaker volume). My older iPhone 6 was considerably louder, and maybe even sounded crisper than my new 6S Plus (same EQ settings on both devices).

maverick786us

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Coming from a regular iPhone 6 and upgraded to the 6S Plus, I'm a bit disappointed at the OUTPUT sound volume (loudspeaker volume). My older iPhone 6 was considerably louder, and maybe even sounded crisper than my new 6S Plus (same EQ settings on both devices).

This is my first iPhone. So don't know how it is compared to the previous generations. But I hope this is a software issue, which apple resolves with the next upgrade

mdelaney1986

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I have had an iPhone 5s since launch and a iPhone 4s before then I never considered lack of headphone output quality to be a thing and didn't care about it because to me it was just good, I thought that audiophiles are just crazy people until I upgraded to the iPhone SE. After about three days of dicking around with the equalizer more than ever and not being satisfied I started to realize something wasn't quite right and started to wonder if the older iPhones actually do sound better. I had my 5s still and charged it up and restored my backup, synced my music and turned up some tunes on the same headphones and holy f. The music was much more lively emotional and expressive....drums had better attack and vocals just jumped out of track right into my ears...almost spooky how much more difference there is between loud and quite with the 5s....I always thought "dynamics" was just some pointless audiophile term but now I get it. Sorry Apple the iPhone is not a dedicated music player with built-in phone anymore it's phone that plays music.... Looks like the influence of beats audio is yet ******* another company into **** audio quality with their marketing bull crap

mdelaney1986

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Lol now Apple is going to remove The headphone jack from the iPhone 7 and claiming the lightning headphone system with self powered headphones will sound better? I should hope so it was better three years ago !!!

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I have had my 6s Plus now for just over a month. I have noticed no issues with the sound quality through either the speaker or headphones. Maybe my ears are broke or I just got lucky and got one with better sound hardware, but I feel like it sounds fantastic.

What hasnt been mentioned here is the quality of the source audio. If you are listening to a file or a stream that is recorded or broadcast at 96 kbps it isnt going to sound as good as the same thing at 192 kbps. Im pretty strict about the quality of my audio. I dont encode audio to any less than 192 kbps and I also subscribe to Pandora One which streams at a higher bit rate than the free Pandora. That in itself will make difference

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro