No need for a case or screen protector for 6S and 6S Plus

veritas_vincit

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
That's a No No for me. I believe in protecting the device. This way I can enjoy it while protecting it. I always think on the resale value for future upgrades.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
This won't deter me. I hate chips or any blemish on my phones. And I doubt the iPhone is scratch, blemish or shatter proof. I'd rather the peace of mind. Last thing I need is for my phone to drop and now I've got a ugly chip in the housing or crack in the screen.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
A lot of people who "refuse to use" a screen protector. Why the bad vibes? I have a tempered glass protector that you literally can't tell is there. No exaggeration. Just an additional piece of protection that you don't even notice.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
A lot of people who "refuse to use" a screen protector. Why the bad vibes? I have a tempered glass protector that you literally can't tell is there. No exaggeration. Just an additional piece of protection that you don't even notice.

I just personally believe that they're unnecessary. No bad vibes here, I just don't use them because I don't think they're that effective unless you're constantly throwing your phone into a bag or a pocket without regard for what else is in there that could scratch your screen.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I cannot stand the feel of screen protectors. Not to mention I don't think they really do much aside from provide a false sense of security. If the screen is going to shatter it's going to shatter. The screens are really, really difficult to scratch. I've seen tests where people have taken keys to an iPhone screen and it was barely noticeable. My wife casually throws her phone in her purse with her keys and whatever other jagged objects are in there on a daily basis and has never scratched a screen. She's owned iPhones since the iPhone 4 first came out.

So, yeah, I'm not a fan lol

I actually prefer the feel on he screen with an anti glare screen protector. Finger slides nicely with it on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Itstakenovermylife

May 14, 2015
Visit site
If anyone wears rimless eyeglasses, I once accidentally placed my glasses down on my iPhone and the edge of my lens scratched my precious 6+. Ever since then I've ALWAYS used a screen protector. As far as a case goes, I go on and off. Some days I'll go naked, other days I'll feel like I might need some extra protection. It's totally a personal preference if you ask me.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I can understand those people who can't use their phone without a screen protector.
I think it all comes down to having a bad experience. Me, I stopped using screen protector since my 3GS iPhone 8 generations back. That was a long time and never had issues with my screen being scratched and will never plan of using it again especially after watching this video. Well, that's just me.

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I usually go caseless or with a very thin case. Haven't used a screen protector in forever. Using this case no. Looks great and still protects from small scratches/dings. View attachment 93559View attachment 93560

I used a clear case once because I wanted to show the beauty of the phone... but it was like a lint magnet when it came out of the pocket...
Could you please tell me if that's the case with this case?
I ordered the same case but in black... but would love to have the clear

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Is it not enough to simply have an preference of not using them? Does it have to be labeled as "bad vibes" because a person doesn't agree with your choice of security on the device? You can say that you "literally can't tell it's there", but that simply isn't true. It can be very unnoticeable, but any person who looks at a phone with a screen protector and without one will clearly see which is which.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I used a clear case once because I wanted to show the beauty of the phone... but it was like a lint magnet when it came out of the pocket...
Could you please tell me if that's the case with this case?
I ordered the same case but in black... but would love to have the clear

No lint at all for me!

jayp4969

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link op. I'll still use the veil case... I am careful with my phone and on weekends I go naked, but during the work week my hands are covered in oil, dirt, and soot. The oil has stained every phone I've gone naked with, so for 20 bucks I'll ruin a plastic semi transparent case so I can enjoy my beautiful device on the weekend. Although after the video I did peel off my spigen glass lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods