Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

Default Re: No need for a case or screen protector for 6S and 6S Plus

It's always the same for me when I get a new iPhone:

1. Get multiple new cases.
    2. Rock cases for a coup,e of weeks.
    3. Decide that cases aren't needed with AC+.
    4. Stop using cases.
    5. Have a gently used gadget with a few dings and scratches that I got to use as intended.

That's just me, but my wife is so hard on her phones she gets a gently used gadget even with a case. I'd hate to see what happened with a naked phone.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts

I been going naked since I got a Lumia 920. I realized then I never did drop a phone and it was silly to cover these beautiful devices up. With protection plans costing me how much I usually spend in cases purchases over the course of time I own a device I just rely on that.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,863 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nnahorski View Post
    That's just me, but my wife is so hard on her phones she gets a gently used gadget even with a case. I'd hate to see what happened with a naked phone.
    Yeah, I get that some people are hard on their phones and maybe they want a case because of that. But they're not necessary for those of us who know how to take care of our devices and who have insurance in case of accidents. I'd rather enjoy the device the way it was made.
    evorc likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

Both is important i think case is to protect the phone and screen paper is to protect the screen. LOL!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    23,119 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evorc View Post
    I totally agree. Sure you spent a lot of money on the phone, but why not enjoy the beautiful design and make your money's worth! People worry too much on keeping the device perfect for the next owner lol.
    All my previous phones get sent to family members. Of course I want them protected for the next person.

And I prefer avoiding preventable damage. So if that means a case and a screen protector that's what I do. And I use the money I'd save by using a case on a pair of shoes. Happy.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

Nice! I could go naked...if I had the 6s, but sticking to my 6 for now, good to know Apple is finally paying attention to these details!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,863 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    All my previous phones get sent to family members. Of course I want them protected for the next person.
    Well, my phone may go to another family member later on, but when I bought it, I bought it with the intention that I was going to be its owner and the one to enjoy it as he pleases.

If the next person down the line can't handle being handed down a phone with some minor scratches on the back, then they can have someone else's phone or they can buy their own.

Now, I wouldn't pass on a phone that had major damage, but if the phone was good enough for me to still be using it--and I'm known in my family for being the best at taking care of my things--then it's good enough for another family member to use it.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    23,119 Global Posts

I buy my iPhones with the intention of being the primary owner but I know that I won't be the only owner. And if I gift my old device I don't want the recipient to feel like they got a hand me down. I love to hear them say how it looks brand new. That gives me joy.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,916 Global Posts

I usually go caseless or with a very thin case. Haven't used a screen protector in forever. Using this case no. Looks great and still protects from small scratches/dings. No need for a case or screen protector for 6S and 6S Plus-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1443763281.885897.jpgNo need for a case or screen protector for 6S and 6S Plus-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1443763342.792587.jpg
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #60  
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    I buy my iPhones with the intention of being the primary owner but I know that I won't be the only owner. And if I gift my old device I don't want the recipient to feel like they got a hand me down. I love to hear them say how it looks brand new. That gives me joy.
    Same here!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,647 Global Posts

I prefer to use a thin, clear case, if for nothing else but to prevent scratches. I hate scratches.
    LewLew23 likes this.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    5,304 Global Posts

I don't use a case to protect from drops, I use it to protect from scratches. I often toss my phone down on the counter, and I rather it not get scratched up when I do that.
    LewLew23 likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Don't go Naked. My daughter had a case on her 6S that did not cover the glass. It fell out of her back pocket and the display shattered. She is only 5'2". The phone was only 6 days old. Apple said it is accidental damage and will not cover it. I stopped my order on my 7 other lines. There is no reason to upgrade from the 6 if you have to cover the display and interfere with 3D Touch.

John

I go naked sometimes & only use cases because I love accessories lol. I've dropped my 6 plus with & without a case with no issues & I'm sure the same will be done with my 6s & 6s plus. I refuse to use a screen protector or buy a bulky case...I like to keep it stylish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts

Would you be so kind to tell me which case is this?
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,178 Global Posts

It's good to see that the durability of the iPhone has improved (according to the video). However, there is no guarantee your phone won't get damaged if it is dropped. It's up to each individual to decide if they do or don't want to use a case on their phone.
    qbnkelt likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftWidow View Post
    And what does your daughter's height have to do with it being accidental damage. She dropped it or did not secure it sufficiently in her back pocket. Yes, it sucks. But definitely accidental damage and not a warranty repair.
    FYI, Most screen protectors have been reported to work just fine with 3D Touch. So don't let that be the only reason you don't upgrade.
    The video shows the phone being more resistant to shattering. At 5'2", the phone was not as high as any of the tests in the he video, yet it still shattered. I have a sapphire version of the  watch. I am not gentle on it. I am hoping Apple does the same with the phones. That is when I will upgrade. Starting with the 6, the design was to have a sapphire display. As a glass display, it is venerable to damage as it protrudes from the phone. One of my clients has had iPhones since the first one. The only one he damaged was the 6, and it was within 2 weeks of owning it. His new 6 is the first phone that has ever had a case on it. I come from the days where you could throw a phone across the room as a self defense tool, and then pick it up to call law enforcement. (Motorola 8000S in 1985)

John
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,863 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jdcorbitt3 View Post
    It fell out of her back pocket and the display shattered.
    That's why I don't carry phones in my back pocket and have insurance that covers accidental damage.
  19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #69  
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by jdcorbitt3 View Post
    The video shows the phone being more resistant to shattering. At 5'2", the phone was not as high as any of the tests in the he video, yet it still shattered. I have a sapphire version of the  watch. I am not gentle on it. I am hoping Apple does the same with the phones. That is when I will upgrade. Starting with the 6, the design was to have a sapphire display. As a glass display, it is venerable to damage as it protrudes from the phone. One of my clients has had iPhones since the first one. The only one he damaged was the 6, and it was within 2 weeks of owning it. His new 6 is the first phone that has ever had a case on it. I come from the days where you could throw a phone across the room as a self defense tool, and then pick it up to call law enforcement. (Motorola 8000S in 1985)

John
    Well yeah... Didn't you see in the video that the 6 shattered easily and even the case cracked open? What we're talking about here is the new 6S and 6S plus.

Quote Originally Posted by evorc View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Glad I roll naked. Love that thin phone design on my hand and that nice slippery screen!
    Those are the exact reasons I use a case.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

My screen cracked from falling 2 or 3 inches. Just a warning for others that it's more about how it lands than how far it falls

iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

2-3 inches!!? That sounds ridiculous
  23. Thread AuthorThread Author   #73  
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by ianeb View Post
    2-3 inches!!? That sounds ridiculous
    You can tell right away he's just trolling.
  24. Thread AuthorThread Author   #74  
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by APeaceOfStrange View Post
    My screen cracked from falling 2 or 3 inches. Just a warning for others that it's more about how it lands than how far it falls

Mine shattered beyond repair at 1 inch.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EagleFox007 View Post
    You can tell right away he's just trolling.
    I'm not trolling. Thankfully Apple replaced it for free.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast