6s Plus >> 6 Plus

dv8silencer

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
The following are my impressions of my transition from the space grey 128 GB 6 Plus to the space grey 128 GB 6S Plus [AT&T]

-Overall I think the 6S Plus is a major improvement over 6 Plus. This is probably a controversial statement.

-The 6S Plus is definitely less laggy and just faster. The 2 GB is well needed. 1 GB on the 6 Plus was just not fun... Once I updated to 9.0, it got even slower and jankier. I think most of the feelings of improvement on the 6S Plus may be all RAM and little to do with CPU. My SwiftKey is definitely happy with the RAM.
-Battery life seems similar but this is my first "full" day of ownership.
-The phone is heavier. I did not like the overall feel and weight of the original 6 Plus. This extra weight makes me want to hold it more. I like the weight.
-I'm loving how sturdy this phone is. You should check the attempted bending videos or the water submergence videos. There is a crazy change in strength
-I never really liked the style/looks/feel of the 6 Plus and this goes as well for the 6S Plus. The 5S probably had the nicest iPhone style/looks/feel.
-I will have to wait until I compare the camera
-Love the 4K feature though
-3D touch is going to be amazing. People are greatly underestimating this. I think most apps that can benefit will actually be quick to adapt this feature...

Sincerely,
A happy customer

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I agree regarding the styling. I too much prefer the aesthetics of the 5S, but the trade-off is durability. I was constantly worried about the chamfered edges of the 5S getting scratched. It never happened, but I definitely stressed over it (yes, I have OCD). The 6/6S isn't nearly as beautiful, but I didn't worry about every little gust of air scratching the sides. I had a super slim case on both my 6 and 6 Plus that left the bottom exposed, but it was never a problem as neither ever had the slightest scuff. Peace of mind is nice, but so is beauty.

Personal preferences.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2