Is the Plus worth it?

daniesy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm struggling to decide wether to buy a regular 6s or a plus model. I'm quite scared that i'll drop the plus, as i struggled to hold the i6 in my hand (i have quite soft hands). I'm sure lots of people asked this, but are there big differences between the plus and regular one? I've heard that the OIS is barely visible in videos/pics. Is that true?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm struggling to decide wether to buy a regular 6s or a plus model. I'm quite scared that i'll drop the plus, as i struggled to hold the i6 in my hand (i have quite soft hands). I'm sure lots of people asked this, but are there big differences between the plus and regular one? I've heard that the OIS is barely visible in videos/pics. Is that true?

I have no idea if it is worth it to you...to me, it definitely is. I say this with such an absolute answer because I actually prefer the iPhone 6S's size personally, but the features (battery life especially) make it a simple choice to go with the larger hand set. I don't find the larger 6S Plus that difficult to use in most cases, but it's near impossible to use with one hand like the smaller device is...even with the options Apple gives you to navigate the screen with one hand, it simple isn't optimized for such.

I do see a decent amount of stability difference in videos from my phone compared to my wife's, but if that was the only feature difference between the two, I wouldn't be so sure the "Plus" is the device for me...that's where the other features step up to the plate and make that choice simple.

Again though, that's all in my opinion...my preferences and likes may not match up with your own at all.

nicolas_m

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I've had the iPhone 6 Plus for a year and I've just upgraded to a regular iPhone 6S. I realized that the Plus is in between a phone and a tablet and is consequently, for me at least, less practical than a phone and a tablet. So this year I'm enjoying the one handed use and form factor of my iPhone 6S and the bigger screen of my iPad Air 2 when needed.

I definitely see the difference between 6S and 6 Plus regarding the screen quality (both resolution and colours), but the form factor overcomes this for me. Battery life is ok so far even though it's noticeably below the Plus...let's say that I take advantage of every opportunity to plug it in during the day so I don't run out of battery when needed!

Nicolas

daniesy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I really like your post. Thank you! I'm looking for good honest opinions about the advantages of the bigger device. (ps: i love that Clarkson quote)

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

Optical image stabilization (OIS) is built-in into the hardware. The 6S do this too but it's being done through software. You can watch the video comparison in YouTube and you'll be amazed. It's a huge difference! The video you take is so smooth. Not to mention native 1080P support. If you like taking video, I suggest you take 6S Plus. In the end, It all depends on how you're going to use your phone.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I forgot to mention battery life. Yes, I can go all day using my phone (and I use it a lot) without worrying to charge it and not making it through the day. I always come home and still have 30-40% battery left under heavy use. Under light usage, about 60% left. Gone are the days of worrying to charge it when I was still using my iPhone 5S.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
It was mentioned above, but the plus model having the 1080p and 400ppi is what sold me on it. I am a screen guy when it comes to phones (and an *** guy when it comes to women, different conversation though :D). OIS im sure makes a small difference, but the pictures my wife took with her 6 looked just fine to me. If I am wanting to take great pictures, I've got a DSLR for that. At the end of the day its still a small image sensor and you are only going to get so much out of it.

You get used to the size really quick. When I got my 6s plus, my wife took my 6 plus and hasn't regretted it at all. She has fairly small hands too.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
It was mentioned above, but the plus model having the 1080p and 400ppi is what sold me on it. I am a screen guy when it comes to phones (and an *** guy when it comes to women, different conversation though :D). OIS im sure makes a small difference, but the pictures my wife took with her 6 looked just fine to me. If I am wanting to take great pictures, I've got a DSLR for that. At the end of the day its still a small image sensor and you are only going to get so much out of it.

You get used to the size really quick. When I got my 6s plus, my wife took my 6 plus and hasn't regretted it at all. She has fairly small hands too.

Yes, the picture quality is almost the same but the video stabilization quality is a huge difference. That's what I was talking above post. The shakiness is almost gone on the plus compared to 6S. Like I said, there's a comparison video in youtube and here's the link below.

http://youtu.be/WDq1QN1oLSw

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The Plus has AMAZING surface area for a phone. My 6 Plus, and now my 6s Plus, has replaced my iPad. As others have mentioned, hardware OIS makes a noticeable difference.

One you go Plus, you never go back. (I couldn't think of anything clever to rhyme with "plus" and still get my point across.)

MCube74

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I was using the iPhone 6 before I upgraded to the iPhone 6s Plus. Honestly it more comfortable to use the smaller phone compared to the bigger phone but then what really annoyed me about the small phone was the battery life. I could barely get by the whole day. I decided to get the iPhone 6s Plus because I wanted the phone to last me the whole day without any worries. I can max up the brightness and enjoy the awesome display on the phone without having to compromise on the battery.

I also tested both phones at the store and to me the iPhone 6s Plus took better pictures and video compared to the iPhone 6s.
Big screen phones are the future so we might as well get used to it sooner. I know iPhone users have been used to small phones for many years. It was only last year that iPhone 6 Plus was released and everyone started to get confused on which to get.

For me it is not a true upgrade moving from the small iPhone 6 to the iPhone 6s Plus.

Hope that iPhone 7 will be released with a 5" display and the plus with a 5.7" display.

I would then get the 5" display phone. 4" phones are a thing of the past,

Apple is also moving towards bigger sized iPads (iPad Pro to release in Nov 2015)

daniesy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I was using the iPhone 6 before I upgraded to the iPhone 6s Plus. Honestly it more comfortable to use the smaller phone compared to the bigger phone but then what really annoyed me about the small phone was the battery life. I could barely get by the whole day. I decided to get the iPhone 6s Plus because I wanted the phone to last me the whole day without any worries. I can max up the brightness and enjoy the awesome display on the phone without having to compromise on the battery.

I also tested both phones at the store and to me the iPhone 6s Plus took better pictures and video compared to the iPhone 6s.
Big screen phones are the future so we might as well get used to it sooner. I know iPhone users have been used to small phones for many years. It was only last year that iPhone 6 Plus was released and everyone started to get confused on which to get.

For me it is not a true upgrade moving from the small iPhone 6 to the iPhone 6s Plus.

Hope that iPhone 7 will be released with a 5" display and the plus with a 5.7" display.

I would then get the 5" display phone. 4" phones are a thing of the past,

Apple is also moving towards bigger sized iPads (iPad Pro to release in Nov 2015)

Hehe that's cool and all, but the 6s+ in Europe is 1000euros :))) OMG!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
It was worth it to me on battery alone...love this thing

63d0c58c7d43a67f5f94d752a3f7c972.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded from the 6. It's definitely worth it to me, but only you can decide what's worth you spending your money on.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods