Best "S" model ever??????

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Very impressed with my 6S Plus.

I have had every "S" made... and this one is arguably the best and most improved over is predecessor IMO.

Don't get me wrong, my 6Plus was a great phone. But it had its issues (for me that is).

How about you? Where do you rate this "S" model with the past history of "S" models?

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
On paper, I thought it was the most negligible S-update thus far, but I'm glad to hear that most people feel that that's not the case. I look forward to playing with one next time I'm in the store.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Very impressed with my 6S Plus.

I have had every "S" made... and this one is arguably the best and most improved over is predecessor IMO.

Don't get me wrong, my 6Plus was a great phone. But it had its issues (for me that is).

How about you? Where do you rate this "S" model with the past history of "S" models?

Eh the best S model that I've seen would be the 5S with touch ID and the 4S with Siri. As much as 3D touch is cool and live photos I really don't see it as a must have feature unlike Siri* and touch ID is.

* I prefer Siri over Google now and even had when I had an android phone using Google now launcher

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if I can rank any of the S models better than the others, they each brought their own awesomeness. For me, the 6s is a great upgrade for the camera and the 2GB of ram. 3D touch is ok, and it will get better as apps are designed to use it, but I feel the real purpose to introduce 3d touch at this point is to prep everyone for an iPhone with no home button. Right out of the box the 6s doesn't seem like a big upgrade, but in real world usability I think this upgrade is huge.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I think that this is the best "s" model just because the 5S brought touch ID, but there was no NFC for Apple Pay so it really wasn't that useful to me. It also brought the 64 bit chip, but it wasn't really utlized much with the 5S. The 4S model brought a better camera and Siri, which I thought was huge. But the 6S model, in my opinion, is the best. More RAM, better camera, and 3D touch. That seems to be more significant in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I was thinking about this this morning too -- I've had every iPhone since the 3G and I do think this is the best S upgrade I've ever had. The 6/6+ were/are great iPhones, but the 1GB of RAM obviously hurt them performance wise -- now that I have used the 6s+ for a few days, this phone is so much faster and background apps and safari tabs rarely have to reload like with the 6/6+ after being dumped for a lack of memory. The camera is incredible and 3D Touch is very cool and will really take off as app updates roll out. TouchID also got a huge improvement -- not just in speed, but it now works much better with wet or sweaty fingertips (think workouts). Overall this is a great iPhone and IMO a HUGE improvement over the 6/6+

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Any single-year upgrade probably isn't worth it for most. (Tho I've done it from the 5 up.)

Any two-year upgrade probably is.

The camera, the RAM, and 3D Touch are huge. But so was the 5s with 64-bit and TouchID, as was the 4S with Siri and an 8 MP camera.

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about the best. But I would say 5S was the worst. All it had was Touch ID. If it had Touch ID with Apple Pay is a different story. But it was only good for unlocking the phone.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Each time an "S" model comes out, I look at the new big feature and I think "I don't know if I'll ever use that feature regularly...", and EVERY time, I end up using the feature more than regularly. TouchID is a staple point of my daily access to my device, Siri is now a fantastic assistant (especially with the "Hey Siri" function), and now, even though 3D Touch doesn't really have a ton of use for me right now, eventually I'm sure it'll get there like everything else.

This model is blazing fast though...the performance between this and the 6 Plus is incredibly noticeable.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This is my first "s" model, as well as first large screen. So I'm definitely impressed. Had a few hiccups, but all is well after a restore as new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
My 6s is amazing. The only complaint I have is with Apple Pay... It happens that fast that I don't get to enjoy it LOL

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
My 6s is amazing. The only complaint I have is with Apple Pay... It happens that fast that I don't get to enjoy it LOL

LOL. Ive been surprised at how many complaints I have seen about the phone being too fast... I mean thats sort of the point, to have the phone be an extension of you and not have to take extra steps to perform those actions. Its not convenient if it takes multiple extra steps or if you have to wait for it.

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
LOL. Ive been surprised at how many complaints I have seen about the phone being too fast... I mean thats sort of the point, to have the phone be an extension of you and not have to take extra steps to perform those actions. Its not convenient if it takes multiple extra steps or if you have to wait for it.

I agree with you! I might have to fumble with the phone a bit just to slow it down, just once :)

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't know about the best. But I would say 5S was the worst. All it had was Touch ID. If it had Touch ID with Apple Pay is a different story. But it was only good for unlocking the phone.

Eh I found that to be good. I was thinking of getting the 5s but decided to get a note 3 at the time though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk