daily life with the plus

mj0

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
6 Plus owner and recent switcher from the 5s here. One handed use is definitely a no-no unless you have Ogre-like hands. I also find it too large to comfortably fit in my pockets when sitting down so I've started taking it out before. Battery life is killer though and the one feature I wouldn't want to give up anymore.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I didn't care for the 6 Plus initially, because the size made it too cumbersome, But once I saw where the market was headed, I decided I'd better get used to a larger phone. So I used a Galaxy S6 Edge+ and had no problem adapting. The 6S+ is slightly larger overall than the the Edge+, but it's been a seamless transition between the two and I can't imagine going back to a smaller screen.

However, I've kept my old 5S around for those times when I want to streamline. Especially during exercise. I'm not ready to strap on an armband that carries the 6S+. :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The 6s Plus is working great for me. I'm a two handed user. So no issues there. It fits in my pocket surprisingly well. I have it in an Otterbox Commuter. I'll likely switch to the black Apple leather case today. UPS is on the way. LOL

Will Brady

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
the problem I have I am a physical education teacher, and a high school football/basketball coach, I am often on football field or in a gym, its nice to have the plus when i am sitting around, on the move i am not too sure i currently have the iphone 6, I am not sure what to do i love the big screen and the battery life , but i also value portability .........i am stuck

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I have a 6+ from last year, and I kept going back and forth between the 6+ and the regular 6. I decided to go with the regular 6s this year. I have smaller hands and using it one handed was impossible. Portability is more important to me than longer battery life. Probably because I'm not a real heavy user. I don't play games or watch movies or tv shows on my device, I'm just a normal moderate user. The battery life on my 6s lasts me 8 hours or more. Just depends on how you use your device and which features are more important to you! :)

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
the problem I have I am a physical education teacher, and a high school football/basketball coach, I am often on football field or in a gym, its nice to have the plus when i am sitting around, on the move i am not too sure i currently have the iphone 6, I am not sure what to do i love the big screen and the battery life , but i also value portability .........i am stuck

I have a few small problems. When on my motorcycle, I constantly have to check to make sure its not going to slip out of my pocket. When I run, I do have to use an armband because it's a bit heavy smacking against your leg. Other than that it's great. Shouldn't have a problem with portability.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have the plus on order. And this issue is making me second guess my choice. I'm afraid the size will be too much of a pain. The only reason I went with the plus is because of the battery. And maybe the OIS also.
I really like the size of the 6S. But I just wish it had better battery. Is only 9:30am and I'm already at 60%. :(

Don't let it intimidate you! My gf has a 5s and always called my plus a phablet. Recently her phone started acting up, so T-Mobile gave her a 6 plus as a loaner phone. She actually quickly became use to it and preordered the 6s plus last week and got it in yesterday. So far, so pleased.

When the 6 plus came out, I let the size freak me out and then realized the 6 was not the way to go at all. This year I'm more than please with the 6s plus. It feels nice in the hand because it has a different finish and it has the added weight, which I like.

I tried to use a 6s I ordered the other day and I put it right back in the box and put it in my drawer. I really miss OIS and with a camera so beautiful and 4K video, I'll stick with using the 6s plus.

charmguru

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I went from a 5 to a 6s Plus and I'm in love. The screen size is great for the things I like to do while on my phone. I've been using two hands a lot more now. My pinky is a little hurt from trying to one hand it. Still pretty hard to one hand but not impossible. I find myself doing less things with my phone. Like putting it in my lap while I drive. It's almost the same size as my wallet so holding them both sometimes is annoying but I wouldn't downgrade at all. I have seen people out running with their 6 plus in an arm band so I think we just have to adjust to the big phone like.

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't imagine using anything smaller, after getting use to the Plus.
I also am a two thumbs user, perfect size for that I carry my phone in front left pocket (nothing else goes in that pocket) OH YEA... Then there is my eyes, non eye strain with the bigger size..... Perfect phone

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Haven't used my Plus at the gym yet... That's my only worry.

When I'm at the gym, my phones go on the floor next to the weight machine I'm using, and on the machine for cardio. I'm a bit nervous too, because the case I got for it doesn't have as big of a "lip" around the screen. I'll have to really watch it.

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Don't let it intimidate you! My gf has a 5s and always called my plus a phablet. Recently her phone started acting up, so T-Mobile gave her a 6 plus as a loaner phone. She actually quickly became use to it and preordered the 6s plus last week and got it in yesterday. So far, so pleased.

When the 6 plus came out, I let the size freak me out and then realized the 6 was not the way to go at all. This year I'm more than please with the 6s plus. It feels nice in the hand because it has a different finish and it has the added weight, which I like.

I tried to use a 6s I ordered the other day and I put it right back in the box and put it in my drawer. I really miss OIS and with a camera so beautiful and 4K video, I'll stick with using the 6s plus.

Thank you!
I keep going to the apple store to play with the 6 plus.. i actually started to get used to it... and today I just went to play with the 6S plus... and made up my mind and went to amazon and ordered me a plus case :)

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm unlike most here. I had both 6 and 6 plus. Got the plus for battery. Switched between the two every week or two. Loved them both. The plus was ok during winter when I had jacket pockets but I knew once summer rolled around, I'd be annoyed by its size. Girl pockets barely fit the 6. The plus just got in the way too much for me. As much as I loved it, it had to go. I went with the 6s this time around. It's the right decision for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had the 6+ since launch last year, and thought this year I would go back to the iconic "one handed use" of the iphone 6s. Well I have had it since launch day and I ordered myself the 6s+.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I could not go back to a smaller iPhone. No way. . . . Yes, you have to make some concessions, but it's totally worth it.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Was on the iPhone 6 last year, Glad I switched to the iPhone 6s Plus. Would never switch back to a smaller device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice