daily life with the plus

Will Brady

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Using a plus on a daily basis , have you guys phone it to be more of a pain than a joy to carry around in the car,gym, at work or home, can someone share your experiences with your 6s plus?

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the plus on order. And this issue is making me second guess my choice. I'm afraid the size will be too much of a pain. The only reason I went with the plus is because of the battery. And maybe the OIS also.
I really like the size of the 6S. But I just wish it had better battery. Is only 9:30am and I'm already at 60%. :(

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Love it. This is my second iteration of the plus and I would never go back to a smaller phone. I carry it in my front pocket with no issues. For work I wear cargo type pants so no real issues. I'm not a hipster so I don't paint my jeans on. And around the house I'm mostly in cargo shorts. As far a usage I've never really been a one handed user but when I need to it not that big of a deal. I don't generally walk around staring at my phone holding a cup of coffee so I don't get as aggravated as some do. Al in all I really love the size.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Love it. This is my second iteration of the plus and I would never go back to a smaller phone. I carry it in my front pocket with no issues. For work I wear cargo type pants so no real issues. I'm not a hipster so I don't paint my jeans on. And around the house I'm mostly in cargo shorts. As far a usage I've never really been a one handed user but when I need to it not that big of a deal. I don't generally walk around staring at my phone holding a cup of coffee so I don't get as aggravated as some do. Al in all I really love the size.

I can second the above sentiments as I too am coming from a 6 Plus, to a 6s Plus. It's still taking me a little bit to get used to apps and web pages being where, or how, I left them for the most part on my 6s Plus. By now I had gotten used to (but not much liking) the seemingly continual reloading of those on my previous 6 Plus - that extra gig of memory in the 6s Plus really makes a noticeable difference there to me. As well as the processor upgrade from the 6 Plus's A8 processor to the new A9 processor in the 6s Plus has made what I thought were fast actions on the 6 Plus almost like instantaneous actions on the 6s Plus - like Touch ID. On my previous 6 Plus I thought that Touch ID was faster on it than on the 5s, but now with the 6s Plus, a registered fingerprint BARELY has to graze the Touch ID sensor and the phone is unlocked, I'm trying to adjust to this as well. To sum up - this phone is a BEAST to me, however for others, YMMV.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Like the others, I upgraded from the 6 Plus to the 6S Plus. No way that I could go back to a smaller screen.

I've not been a one handed user, but the 3D Touch just might be able to change that, to some extent. And as far as carrying the phone, I usually have it in my back jeans pocket unless I am sitting. No issues for me at all. I really love this thing.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
The only time the size of the 6+/6s+ is an issue for me is when I jog and carry it in my hand, it is a bit big for that use-case scenario and that was not an issue with my 6. But I would have a hard time going back to a smaller screen...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I've never owned the smaller screen so this size is the only one I've known for over a year...I'm used to it now, but wish the smaller variant had the same feature set...if it did I would own it instead.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
You really just have to adjust to the size. You can't use it like you can a smaller phone. Stretching your hand to type or reach apps will just bring you pain. When you accept that it's a two handed device, you will be surprised how quickly it becomes second nature and you don't feel that "inconvenience" of not having a one handed device. I have been surprised about the pocket-ability of this phone. It fits fine into the front pocket of my shorts, jeans, and work pants. Even sitting down is not uncomfortable. Of course I wear pretty standard fitting clothes which usually come with adequate pockets. It is certainly something I will consider when buying clothes.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I had a 6 Plus and now a Note 5. I ordered a regular phone 6s this time around. I decided I missed portability and just could use my ipad or macbook for the big screen stuff. I'm really worried about the battery life though of the 6S; things have been pretty silent on that front here and on the internet at large.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
After using the 6plus for over a year I got used to its bigger form. It's easy to hold and handle. I like the boss effect it has lol. I can't go back to a smaller phone, just wouldn't make sense to me.
The 1080p screen and OIS and better battery life is a big plus in my books. Wouldn't give that away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like the others, I'm used to the size of the iPhone 6 Plus and I don't find it to be a hindrance at all.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I am averaging 6-7 hours usage on the 6S between full charges. Mileage will vary but I think that should be a reasonable expectation depending on what you keep running, brightness levels, etc.

Thank you, that is really good to hear! Anything above 6 hours is more than adequate

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the 6 Plus as well, coming form a 5s, I adjusted to the larger size in a couple of days and can't imagine going back to a smaller size. My right rear pocket and/or front inside jacket pocket are designated iPhone 6 Plus pockets, but most of the time my iPhone is in my hand just like with my 5s. I honestly don't notice the size difference unless I pick up my Wife's 5s. The larger screen is easier fo me to two thumb type on and with the Black Apple leather case on (which adds much needed grip), one handed use isn't that bad when I do use one hand. I'm very glad Apple decided to make a large screen iPhone....it works for ME.

Last edited:

bboykin87

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I am coming from the 6 plus like a lot of others. There is no way I would go back to a smaller phone. The extra screen real estate is so nice to have. Plus I have pretty big hands so one hand use is not really a problem.

I used it in the gym but most of the equipment has a little ledge to put my phone on and I have a pair of bluetooth headphones so that's not an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Haven't used my Plus at the gym yet... That's my only worry.

Phone fits in my pocket on the go in both shorts and jeans (and work/formal attire... No problem fitting it in my suit/jacket pocket). Car, work and home are fine too.

Edit: one hand typing is harder, a bit, but still doable for me if necessary.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I've got small hands and I always type with two hands. The size was not an issue. Wish I'd gone Plus last year.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner