How often are you using 3D Touch?

RobbyRob

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I use it when I remember it. I think it will save a little time and add value once I get use to it being there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Forgive my ignorance but holding down the messages app to select new message takes longer than just tapping it and going forward. Not sure I really get the function thus far.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

The top three people I message are available when I deep press the messages app, in addition to new message. Its a time saver for me.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Not at all, only once or twice just to play with it. But I don't blame the feature as much as I do myself. I'm used to using my phone a certain way, so it's hard to break away from that. I'll begin to use it more as the weeks go on...

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I messed with it when I first got the phone, investigating where all it is functional. Haven't really used it since. For me, a feature has to truly add value to my experience for me to use it. Not simply because it is new. It's just not there yet for me.

Same for me. I actually forgot about it until I went into Settings and saw the Touch feature was automatically on. The way I touch the screen doesn't activate the feature. I have to really press to make it work. But it's not really that big a deal. So I don't use it. But my 6s is noticeably faster than my old 6. The Touch ID is lightning fast. I'm overall happy with it while not using the 3D Touch.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
You may already know this, but in case you were unaware, you can reduce the amount of force sensitivity down to 'Light' so that you don't have to press nearly as hard. Just in case the point ever comes where you find benefit in using the feature.

Yeah I reduced mine to light. I use 3d touch for phone calls, messages, and camera. Other than that nothing else.

charmguru

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I use it to peep inside messages but mainly on Instagram. I don't use it for anything else really unless I just want to feel fancy.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to use it as much as I can... as more apps start to use it, I can see it streamlining some usage tasks... It's just another option. I like it.

jessedholm

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm using it a heck of a lot more now that I set it to the lightest pressure setting. It was too hard before and I already have weak carpel tunnel hands! That kind of pressing causes me all sorts of pain. But now Its much better and I keep checking after apps update which ones have incorporated the 3 d touch. It makes so much more sense than force touch does on the watch.

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Not at all for the first month I had it, not I use it all the time. Great for uploading things quick to Instagram or Twitter. I like the camera options and most of all editing on the keyboard
I never realized how much I used it until I had a friend's 6 plus for a few hours and found myself trying to use the feature. Now there's no going back.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Coming from the 6 Plus, I initially forgot all about it. Having said that, I now use 3D Touch quite often. I'm used to it now...

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I forget 3D Touch is even there. I think it's gimmicky more than useful. When I use it is generally on the camera app. Maybe this will take off in the future but as of now it's not a worthwhile feature.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2