6S Plus Return Experience

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Just wondering how many people already returned their new 6S plus after only using it for a couple of days. I'm returning mine tomorrow via UPS that Apple arranged for me because of some screen issue. This is my first time returning a product this way. Usually, I just go to my local Apple Store but due to availability issue, I'm forced to do it this way by shipping it back to them and have to wait for a couple of days to get my replacement. Please let me know your experience as well. Thanks!

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering how many people already returned their new 6S plus after only using it for a couple of days. I'm returning mine tomorrow via UPS that Apple arranged for me because of some screen issue. This is my first time returning a product this way. Usually, I just go to my local Apple Store but due to availability issue, I'm forced to do it this way by shipping it back to them and have to wait for a couple of days to get my replacement. Please let me know your experience as well. Thanks!

What exactly was the matter with your phone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

Why not just keep your phone for now and let them call you in when another is in stock? The screen issue will not affect how you use the phone if you were to keep it for a few days lol.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Why not just keep your phone for now and let them call you in when another is in stock? The screen issue will not affect how you use the phone if you were to keep it for a few days lol.

They don't call you. They told me to just keep checking it everyday. If that's an option, I would have taken it. I already made and arrangement with Apple and they will ship my new phone as soon as they receive it. I don't mind waiting because I still have my old iPhone 6 Plus and that's what I'm using right now.

Last edited:

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
What exactly was the matter with your phone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are black spots on top of the screen. It's annoying to see especially if I'm viewing safari on any kind of apps that has a white background. I'm paying a premium price for this phone so I don't want to see any kind of issues.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
They don't call you. They told me to just keep checking it everyday. If that's an option, I would have taken it. I already made and arrangement with Apple and they will ship my new phone as soon as they receive it. I wouldn't mine waiting because I still have my old iPhone 6 Plus and that's what I'm using right now.

Sorry it must be your store. I thought they all do it. I've had Apple call me before when the replacement came in.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
There are black spots on top of the screen. It's annoying to see especially if I'm viewing safari on any kind of apps that has a white background. I'm paying a premium price for this phone so I don't want to see any kind of issues.

Dead pixels, should be replaced easily.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Dead pixels, should be replaced easily.

Dead pixel or backlighting issue. I've read through Apple forum that some people had this issue on their iPhone 6 Plus last year. So far, I'm the only lucky person who reported it in the Apple's forum.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Restore your phone via iTunes. It will fix it. No needs to return it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I called Apple again and they said my replacement would take 2 to 3 weeks! As soon as I learned that, I canceled my replacement right away. I would rather take my chances at the store if it will take that long. I heard.that they do get a new shipment everyday at the store but you have to hurry up reserving it because they only get limited amount each day.

Please share us your return experience on this thread. Thanks!

larsonage

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about returning mine. I have light bleed on the top of my screen. It's minimal but the OCD can't stop looking at it. I want it perfect since I paid full retail for it.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm thinking about returning mine. I have light bleed on the top of my screen. It's minimal but the OCD can't stop looking at it. I want it perfect since I paid full retail for it.

I'm like that too (OCD). The black shadowing or black spot is very minimal but we're paying a premium price for it so you might as well get a perfect phone. Luckily, I was able to make a reservation online at the store by checking the website exactly at 8:00AM local time. I'm going there after work. I think they only have one of my model because as soon as I made the reservation, I checked it again for availability and no longer available.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
UPDATE....

I was able to exchange my phone today with a brand new one! I didn't have to go to shipping process which takes about a couple of weeks. I went online exactly at 8AM this morning then searched for the model I have (iPhone 6S Plus 64GB gold) and found one store that has my model. I immediately signed up for the reservation in the afternoon so I can pick it up after work. Looks like only one is available in my area because when I try to search again after making my reservation, it's no longer available at that store right away or to any of the other stores in IL. I just got lucky.

Anyway, I arrived at Apple store and told them about my reservation. They immediately went into the back of the store and picked up a brand new iPhone. I told them that I'm replacing my phone because of the issue I'm having. The guy did not notice it right away so I have to pull up a screenshot that I took with a white background and he saw it. He never asked me anymore question and just pulled the new iPhone out and begin the process of swapping the phone. It only took us 10 minutes and was out of my way. He told me though that next time this thing happen again, to make an appointment at the genius bar instead so they can properly document the issue instead of reserving a phone. I told him I will do that next time.

I'm so happy now! Waiting for my new phone to restore my backup and I should be good!!! I hope you learned a thing or 2 on the process that I went through exchanging my phone so you know what to do if this thing happens to you.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE....

I was able to exchange my phone today with a brand new one! I didn't have to go to shipping process which takes about a couple of weeks. I went online exactly at 8AM this morning then searched for the model I have (iPhone 6S Plus 64GB gold) and found one store that has my model. I immediately signed up for the reservation in the afternoon so I can pick it up after work. Looks like only one is available in my area because when I try to search again after making my reservation, it's no longer available at that store right away or to any of the other stores in IL. I just got lucky.

Anyway, I arrived at Apple store and told them about my reservation. They immediately went into the back of the store and picked up a brand new iPhone. I told them that I'm replacing my phone because of the issue I'm having. The guy did not notice it right away so I have to pull up a screenshot that I took with a white background and he saw it. He never asked me anymore question and just pulled the new iPhone out and begin the process of swapping the phone. It only took us 10 minutes and was out of my way. He told me though that next time this thing happen again, to make an appointment at the genius bar instead so they can properly document the issue instead of reserving a phone. I told him I will do that next time.

I'm so happy now! Waiting for my new phone to restore my backup and I should be good!!! I hope you learned a thing or 2 on the process that I went through exchanging my phone so you know what to do if this thing happens to you.

Good for you. I'm sure you're going to be very happy with your new iPhone.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Do you have a picture of this? I'm wondering if I have the same issue. I see some darkening at the very top of the screen, a few spots that I can best describe as different light and dark areas. It only shows up on white/light colored backgrounds, like for example iCloud Drive. It is very minor, but it is there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods