Rotation Issues With 6s+?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Rather than stress out, checking my VZW store daily for stock...I've placed an order for a space gray 64gb iPhone 6s+. It should come on or before 10/12...so I'm expectant, but relaxed now. I am, however, going from an iPhone 6 to the bigger device, so I have some questions, namely..

Are any that have already upgraded from the 6+ to the 6s+ experiencing the same irritating rotation issues that some experienced last year?

Also, goes the new chip & processor really have an effect on general operation quickness & smoothness?

Thanks for the help! :)

RobbyRob

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
It's a huge performance boost from the old model. I still think they should give us the option to disable rotation on the home screen. I have not noticed many issues with the device itself and it seems smoother in every aspect. I know on my old 6+ I had issues with the screen being stuck in rotation after unlock, but not on this one. I was one that suffered from the unlock freeze on the new 6s+ but that went away when I restored from iTunes like others suggested. I think you will like the phone and it is worth the upgrade from the old device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
It's a huge performance boost from the old model. I still think they should give us the option to disable rotation on the home screen. I have not noticed many issues with the device itself and it seems smoother in every aspect. I know on my old 6+ I had issues with the screen being stuck in rotation after unlock, but not on this one. I was one that suffered from the unlock freeze on the new 6s+ but that went away when I restored from iTunes like others suggested. I think you will like the phone and it is worth the upgrade from the old device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rotation lock/unlock is available by just swiping up through the widgets just like the way you turn off and on WiFi. This way, you can access it from any screen.

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
It is not as bad as the 6 Plus but I do notice a "convenient" rotation issue where even in portrait locked mode, when pulling up the multi-app task view, it does rotate when in a landscape view.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Rotation lock/unlock is available by just swiping up through the widgets just like the way you turn off and on WiFi. This way, you can access it from any screen.

Correct it is but this has been discussed before and I too wish it could be disabled just on the home screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It happened today once when I was switching between two apps and the home screen (after it had orientated itself into landscape mode in my pocket). That is the only time it has done this so far since Friday. My 6 Plus used to do this once or twice per day.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Correct it is but this has been discussed before and I too wish it could be disabled just on the home screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just curious, why do you need this feature on just the home screen when you can access it every where from any of the screen? I use this feature a lot when I'm watching videos from Facebook or from a website. All I need to do is swipe up from the bottom of the screen then turn off the orientation from the widgets to see the video in landscape mode.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2