Are you using a screen protector?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Anker Glass installed once iPhone showed up. Out of the bot and glass applied. I have scratched up other devices in the past..... Not any more.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Anker Glass installed once iPhone showed up. Out of the bot and glass applied. I have scratched up other devices in the past..... Not any more.

I'm using the Anker too. Awesome deal at 6.99 shipped from Amazon prime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I always use a matte screen protector (usually MediaDevil brand) because I love the always smooth texture. The clear ones and the naked screen always wind up being too tacky for me especially for gestures.

Last edited:

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I've used them in the past and always taken them off. Especially on the 2.5d glass the 6/6s uses makes an unsightly edge even with the tempered glass protectors.

veritas_vincit

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I always protect my devices either with screen protectors and a cover or a cover with it integrated. I like to enjoy them but also like to think on resale value when upgrading later.

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
First thing I did after taking it from the box. I like having the added protection, always use the Spigen protectors.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Mr.Mcgoo

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I would usually use them though over the years I think I only had one or two that were perfect installs which I think one was on a 3S. One phone I went through 2 or 3 and never was perfect no matter how well it was cleaned. So this time I would like to use one but not going to keep buying them because I screw up the install.

ReeseyKups

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
This time due to the sheer size of the screen real estate on the 6s plus, I'm using the Belkin invisglass. It was a bear for me to install - couldn't get it perfect even with the alignment frame they provide. But now that's it's on it looks great. They also provide lifetime warranty.

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
*For anyone having trouble with dust while installing a screen protector*. Turn your shower on hot and close the door. Wait for the room to get steamy and then apply the protector. This will prevent any dust from getting in your way.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
3D Touch is based on pressure. It measures how deep you're pressing your screen. No matter what screen protector you are using, it will not affect the functionality.

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Never have, doubt I ever will. I've tried them out on friend's phones and I can't stand the way they feel. The only time I've ever had a scratch was on my 6+. I had two tiny scratches that you could only see when shining up against a light. I consider them battle scars.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I used a screen protector on my white/gold 6 Plus...but I think it looks like crap on my space grey model, so I took it off and I'm totally happy with that decision. If it scratches, it scratches...the Zagg Glass protector did not look the same on this variant though, and was cut a bit too close to the Touch ID/home button, so it had to go.

veritas_vincit

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I would usually use them though over the years I think I only had one or two that were perfect installs which I think one was on a 3S. One phone I went through 2 or 3 and never was perfect no matter how well it was cleaned. So this time I would like to use one but not going to keep buying them because I screw up the install.

I learned my lesson of always using a protector because I dropped a 3GS version and cracked the screen. Since then I've been using covers. It also helps for resale value.

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just put a Zagg glass on my 6s plus and now peek works but not pop, I have to lift my finger from the glass and re-touch to open the app. My peek and pop worked as it should before the protector was put on.
Try setting 3D Touch sensitivity to light.
My 6s Plus works fine with Zagg glass installed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73