Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

476 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,910 Global Posts

Default How's 3D Touch with the bigger 6S Plus?

Hey guys! My 6S Plus is staying warm in it's box while I'm on the east coast for my school's Young Alumni weekend and I'm eagerly awaiting the unboxing when I get back tomorrow.

I'm coming from a regular 6, so I'm wondering how the 3D touch is with the bigger phone. My hands aren't huge, and I can use my 6 with one hand, but I know it is going to be more difficult with the Plus. I did want the bigger screen - better battery life, photography (OIS), and the bigger screen in general for apps, watching, games, etc - but it seems that 3D touch is really meant for the one-hand use, so is it as effective on the bigger screen? Do you find yourself using 3D touch regularly?

iMore Newbie

23 Posts
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Default Re: How's 3D Touch with the bigger 6S Plus?

Hi! I came from a 6 as well, and upgraded to the 6s+. It's a beast. Lol. I'm still adjusting (happily) to the size difference but I definitely use 3D Touch a lot, although it's only been a day. It works great. To get to those hard to reach places I use reachability along with it. I'm managing ok with one handed use but for me it's much quicker to use to.

I did have a chance to play around with a 6s and honestly the 3D Touch feels much more natural on the smaller screen.
    iMore Beginner

55 Posts

Default Re: How's 3D Touch with the bigger 6S Plus?

I came from a 6 plus and the use of 3D Touch was a huge concern of mine. I do feel like it easier to use on the 6S but, mainly because it is a one handed phone for a one handed feature. I found a setting to turn up the sensitivity on the 3D Touch on my 6S plus and now I feel like it the same as the 6S. Bottom line 3D Touch on the 6 plus is just as easy to use, but their is a learning curve on either phone that's for sure
    SaMaster14 likes this.