3D Touch on keyboard for moving cursor?

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I enjoy the feature very much so...... When it works. Do you guys have any problems with 3D Touch working on the keyboard for moving the cursor only working once in awhile and not consistently? For me it won't even register it when I have something typed out the majority of the time. But if the text box is still empty it will work.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine is functioning flawlessly in this regard...actually, FAR better than any iPhone I've had in the past when it comes to moving the cursor or spotlighting text within the field.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It works perfectly for me. It's a little "unnatural" to just push deep on the keyboard, as years of typing has conditioned me to expect characters to appear in the text box... but it works extremely well, and is incredibly accurate.

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I too am finding that it is working inconsistently. Granted, that may be more so because remembering to press hard on the screen to enable the 3D Touch functionality is not second nature at this point. I'm going to give it some time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
So I think I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was trying to 3D Touch to early after finishing typing to go bad and fix a mistake. I have to wait a second or so to finally click and move the cursor. Probably just a safeguard Apple put in to avoid accidental clicking when typing.

abarzua21

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Press hard. If u go to settings, accessibility 3D u can set it to firm, medium, etc... Set it to firm this way u don't have to press so hard for the 3D or keyboard to function

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Apparently, this feature requires an update to the app. I am running an old version of Tapatalk (v3.2.1, long story posted elsewhere on the iMore forums). I attempted to use the 3DTouch keyboard cursor movement to correct a typo. When I did the deep press on the keyboard, the function activated, but there was no cursor, and moving my finger/thumb around the screen does not show or move the cursor.

Can anyone corroborate this?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2