iPhone 6s Plus not working. I got a dud!!!!!

cam011182

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
So like the title says..... I got home from work last night and opened my phone. I pressed the button to turn it on and no go. I've had every single iPhone so I knew something was wrong. They always have power to turn on. I plugged it in to the power outlet and the apple logo would pop on and then turn back off. I thought maybe it need to charge to I tried to let it sit for a while and still nothing, kept turning on and off not going out the apple logo and as soon as I unplug it, it shuts right off. I tried to plug it into my MacBook Pro and my wife's MacBook Air and nothing would happen. Not even the apple logo. I've tried the reset, I can out it in restore mode with the cord logo showing when it's plugged in the wall outlet but as soon as I unplug it from the wall it shuts right off. I have a video of it I'll try to upload. Any suggestions?

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Hit the Apple Store as soon as possible and while your going there call your carrier and inform them so you can have options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you got a dud just as your title implies...your best option is to simply schedule a genius bar appointment to have it replaced or try to do a walk in service (though with the crowds for the next couple of weeks, this probably isn't advisable).

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I've heard Apple Stores keep stock they don't sell for those that need replacement phones. Definitely hit the Apple Store.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
So like the title says..... I got home from work last night and opened my phone. I pressed the button to turn it on and no go. I've had every single iPhone so I knew something was wrong. They always have power to turn on. I plugged it in to the power outlet and the apple logo would pop on and then turn back off. I thought maybe it need to charge to I tried to let it sit for a while and still nothing, kept turning on and off not going out the apple logo and as soon as I unplug it, it shuts right off. I tried to plug it into my MacBook Pro and my wife's MacBook Air and nothing would happen. Not even the apple logo. I've tried the reset, I can out it in restore mode with the cord logo showing when it's plugged in the wall outlet but as soon as I unplug it from the wall it shuts right off. I have a video of it I'll try to upload. Any suggestions?

True that Apple has some phones kept in stuck for exchange or return but it's not always guaranteed especially this early of the release. I ran through the same issue last year and they keep telling to go back or check online for availability because they don't make reservations at store for replacement. First come first serve. However, you still have another option of calling the Apple support number and had them ship another one for you. Had issues too but only minor. I called them today and they are shipping a new one for me. All they need is your order number.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73