Well that was easy!

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Was on-line by 10 am for my reservation pickup; had my T-Mobile, 128 GB, 6S Plus in my hands by 10:15; took the AT&T sim card out of my old 5S and popped into the 6S Plus; 6S Plus booted up perfectly and immediately connected to AT&T. No muss, no fuss. Just the way it should be.

Meanwhile, outside the mall there was a queue of people without reservations and it didn't look like they were as happy as those of us inside. At least they were being provided with water though. :)

(Edit: I meant the reservation line at the Apple Store, just to be clear.)

Last edited:

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Was online by 10 am for my reservation pickup; had my T-Mobile, 128 GB, 6S Plus in my hands by 10:15; took the AT&T sim card out of my old 5S and popped into the 6S Plus; 6S Plus booted up perfectly and immediately connected to AT&T. No muss, no fuss. Just the way it should be.

Meanwhile, outside the mall there was a queue of people without reservations and it didn't look like they were as happy as those of us inside. At least they were being provided with water though. :)

When you say "online" do you mean you were in the reservation line? I'm about to head to Apple to get my reserved iPhone. Hope I don't have to wait long.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Also, as this was my first time purchasing an iPhone from a company other than my carrier, I was pleased as punch that I could just swap out an AT&T sim card from my 5S and put it into the T-Mobile 6S Plus and have it working perfectly on my AT&T network. From now on, this will be the only way to go for me.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Also, as this was my first time purchasing an iPhone from a company other than my carrier, I was pleased as punch that I could just swap out an AT&T sim card from my 5S and put it into the T-Mobile 6S Plus and have it working perfectly on my AT&T network. From now on, this will be the only way to go for me.

Nice. I actually went to the Apple Store over lunch to see if I could check in and get my phone a few hours early. They checked me in, but wouldn't give me the phone. I still have an hour before my scheduled appt.

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I was in line for maybe an 1 1/2hrs, I walked out of AT&T with mine at 8:15am. The best experience I've ever had...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I went to the bigger of my two local Apple Stores this morning at 8am. Waited in a line for less than 10 minutes as the Apple Store employees came down the line taking our info. They took my info and made an appointment for me at 10am. Came back at 10am, less than 30 minutes later I walked out with my 64GB 6S+. Apple had their stuff together today. Plus I love how they come down the line to get your info and make sure they have what you are waiting for.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Glad everyone is having a smooth experience! I'm hoping Apple made more Plus models this year so when I do get it, it won't take weeks of tracking one down

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
What's the model on the T-mo version? Same as AT&T model or same as Verizon model?

T-Mobile, Verizon and sprint all same now. ATT different bc it has an extra band. That said, I am using the "T-Mobile" version on ATT. I don't care about the new band since it's gonna be awhile before its rolled out.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Ah - I was kinda hoping the T-Mo and AT&T versions were the same... A1633/1634 rather than A1687/1688

95600ca7c2b66beb4441db4485c3ef14.jpg

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
It was super easy. I was on vacation when the pre-orders went live and the place I was in didn't have good internet so I really wasn't hopeful for being able to get my order in. anyway about an hour and 45 mins after the pre orders went live I finally had a decent enough connection to reserve a 128GB 6S plus in silver and white with a reservation time of 9.15.

Switch forward to the 25th. I arrived at the store just after 8.30 but I was seen straight away and by 08.40 I was out of the store with my 128GB silver 6S plus. It was very seemless.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I had a 430 reservation time. Showed up over lunch bc i had time. They said best to come back later bc the line was so long. Went back to work and showed up right at 430, waited 10 min and was brought into the store. Pretty painless. I wouldn't hesitate to use reservations again.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
OK, so certainly doesn't sound like anything I need to be concerned about using a T-Mo phone with AT&T. Thanks for the link man.

Yeah, it may turn out to be a big deal in the future, based on what they are projecting... but since they're still working on rolling it out, it will probably be a non-issue for the next year or so.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73