UPS Pickup?

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Any of you guys have good luck with this option? I've never tried it but was thinking of diverting my 6S+ to the nearby UPS distribution center and picking it up since the truck never gets to my place before 5-6pm normally.

Are you able to pick the phone up first thing in the morning or do you have to wait for some kind of notification?

blwatson

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I've used it a handful of times with good results. Items are supposed to be available at the facility after 0830.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I did this for my wife's iphone 6 on launch day. You just have to do it in the window prior to the cut off. Otherwise it will be loaded in the truck for delivery.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You can arrange for a hold at the depot via the UPS app on your current iPhone... I've done it a couple of times.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
You can use a new feature UPS has where you can arrange to divert it to the closest UPS Store, its a small fee but keep in mind you need to do it as soon as you get the tracking number from UPS. Once it hits the depot it will only delay your package so it can be resorted.

As for actually having it held at a UPS depot or hub my experience has been they will not do that unless they have a failed attempt unless the shipper says its ok. Individual experiences do vary so for kch50428 it has worked for me it hasn't.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I've done this for the past few phones I've gotten and it works out great.

The Lannisters send their regards.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I just had mine held at the depot instead of waiting for delivery. Worked fine for me. Now I can pick up my phone first thing instead of waiting around all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLVRDVL

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I got my tracking my Sprint Business Care and it shows early delivery (9/24) to my local sprint store at 2.40lbs but could not say for sure it was both devices. Wife got 6S Rose Gold and I got 6S+ Gray. Hoping it's both judging by the weight but my luck they just added extra filler to the both, haha.

Last edited:

MrAdamsD

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Just chose this option. I've never done it before but our UPS driver comes really late in the day and I have plans Friday night.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just a bit of advice for those considering diversion to a UPS store...keep in mind that those stores are not actually part of UPS, but just franchised shipping stores that use the UPS name/logo...therefore if something happens to your item there, UPS washes its hands of the matter and it becomes an issue you have to take up with the store...and given the nature of franchises, good luck getting quick turn around on a missing/damaged item.

One of the local UPS stores near me had some psychotic woman working there who was part owner of the place...the lady actually held a friend of mines wife's wedding ring hostage as he had it shipped off for repair and it was delivered in this fashion to a UPS store (as he thought it would be safer)...lady wouldn't let him pick it up because she said she suspected it to be drugs because the package was small and the valuation on it was so high. He ended up having to get the police involved and it took 2 weeks to get his wife's ring back...and the lady STILL works there!

Now that is almost assuredly an exception to the rule...but just make sure you understand that UPS Stores are not actually UPS.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I just did this option for my 2 6S+'s and my 6 coming from VZW ... I don't want to wait half the day for them to be delivered lol

bboykin87

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I did this for my iPhone 6 plus, I used UPS my choice to have them hold it at the facility and I picked it up first thing in the morning after I got off work. It was ready at 8 am

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I did this for my iPhone 6 plus, I used UPS my choice to have them hold it at the facility and I picked it up first thing in the morning after I got off work. It was ready at 8 am

What I used too ... I'll be there at 8 am as well... then it's off to apple to pick up two more at 10am lol

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Just a bit of advice for those considering diversion to a UPS store...keep in mind that those stores are not actually part of UPS, but just franchised shipping stores that use the UPS name/logo...therefore if something happens to your item there, UPS washes its hands of the matter and it becomes an issue you have to take up with the store...and given the nature of franchises, good luck getting quick turn around on a missing/damaged item.

One of the local UPS stores near me had some psychotic woman working there who was part owner of the place...the lady actually held a friend of mines wife's wedding ring hostage as he had it shipped off for repair and it was delivered in this fashion to a UPS store (as he thought it would be safer)...lady wouldn't let him pick it up because she said she suspected it to be drugs because the package was small and the valuation on it was so high. He ended up having to get the police involved and it took 2 weeks to get his wife's ring back...and the lady STILL works there!

Now that is almost assuredly an exception to the rule...but just make sure you understand that UPS Stores are not actually UPS.

In the pajama thread a lot of us signed up for UPS My Choice. Using that you can pick up directly from the service centers between certain hours. (Mine is 9-10 am/ 3:30-6:30pm). I think that's what the OP is referring to. Not the UPS Stores.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Any of you guys have good luck with this option? I've never tried it but was thinking of diverting my 6S+ to the nearby UPS distribution center and picking it up since the truck never gets to my place before 5-6pm normally.

Are you able to pick the phone up first thing in the morning or do you have to wait for some kind of notification?

I spoke with UPS over the phone to place my hold just to be sure that I could pick mine up as soon as they opened. She said as long as the hold goes through in time that it doesn't get put on the truck it's not a problem. I think she said you have to be a UPS My Choice member, but sign up is quick. I would call to place the hold if I were you though.

bboykin87

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I got my tracking my Sprint Business Care and it shows early delivery (9/24) to my local sprint store at 2.40lbs but could not say for sure it was both devices. Wife got 6S Rose Gold and I got 6S+ Gray. Hoping it's both judging by the weight but my luck they just added extra filler to the both, haha.

It sounds like it is, if I remember correctly the weight for my 6S plus is 1.4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I work Friday's until 6pm so I always use this option, when The status of the package changes to " no one home " I call customer service to arrange a pickup, about an hour later someone from your local UPS center will call you to confirm, usually the packages get back there by 7:30pm..

RobbyRob

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Im,sitting get at the ups center waiting for them to even bring the packages up. Don't see anyone else around though.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro