Early Shipping of New iPhone 6s Plus???

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I just got a notification through my Capital One app that Apple has billed my credit card the full amount for the phone. Doesn't that usually mean it ships today or tomorrow? (crossing my fingers)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I just got a notification through my Capital One app that Apple has billed my credit card the full amount for the phone. Doesn't that usually mean it ships today or tomorrow? (crossing my fingers)

Nope. They authorize the payment early so that any issues that occur with said process can be handled so that shipment isn't delayed next week. Your phone will arrive on the shipping date given to you on your pre-order...not before. I don't think any early shipments have been reported since the iPhone 5...and even then, it was only a single day early, not a week.

dlarej15

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
When I preordered it say ship by 9/25. Is that when I get the phone or is that the ship date? Sorry for the newb question but I have never preordered before. I've always wait at the store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
When I preordered it say ship by 9/25. Is that when I get the phone or is that the ship date? Sorry for the newb question but I have never preordered before. I've always wait at the store.

This is what mine reads...not sure what "ships by 9/25" would accurately indicate. Did you order via carrier or directly from Apple?

Screen Shot 2015-09-17 at 5.16.14 PM.png

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes it's not uncommon to see a hold early then it drops off. It will say pending for a day or two then go away and the amount is no longer held against your limit, etc. Then when it's time to ship it will appear again and move over from pending to a charge.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
You'll have it in the 25th from what my peeps at FedEx and UPS tell me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Not. Going. To. Happen.

This is just a dream. A long, wet dream.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Wow, looks like they are actually charging now!
Beware: Apple Starts Charging for iPhone 6s Preorders

Of course it shouldn't matter. One would have to be nuts these days to use a debit card online!

Why on earth is this considered a "beware" type headline? You paid for a product...why are people shocked the money is coming out? And I use my debit card online all the time, nothing "nuts" about it.

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Why on earth is this considered a "beware" type headline? You paid for a product...why are people shocked the money is coming out? And I use my debit card online all the time, nothing "nuts" about it.

If someone used a debit card, they might not have the funds in the account that is attached to the debit card. Maybe they were anticipating that they wouldn't need to move the funds over until next week. That's all I can think of.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If someone used a debit card, they might not have the funds in the account that is attached to the debit card. Maybe they were anticipating that they wouldn't need to move the funds over until next week. That's all I can think of.

A person should refrain from buying/pre-ordering something they do not have the money for...if it hits their account with insufficient funds, the only person to blame is themselves, regardless of when Apple takes the money. The process is nearly identical every single year.

(And yes, I know you weren't validating this stuff, but just offering a theory, I was speaking in generalities).

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
They charged my credit card today too. Tomorrow your order status will probably change from "processing items" to something like "preparing for shipment." They may ship early but they instruct UPS and Fedex NOT to deliver the packages early. Your local Fedex or UPS distribution center will probably get the phone by Tuesday of next week, but they will hold it and deliver it on 9/25 at the earliest. You also can't pick it up early from the distribution center. At least Fedex wouldn't let me do it. Last year I had to wait for them to deliver my 6 Plus on the Friday launch day even though they received it at the local distribution center on Tuesday of that week.

charmguru

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I preordered through Verizon. I've been waiting for them to charge my card so I know my order is on the way. I didn't order until 5am PST on the 12th and my delivery date says 7 Oct. Fingers crossed that it was a stretch and they have enough phones to send mine for launch day as well. If not, I may wait in line on Friday for one. Good luck everyone.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I preordered through Verizon. I've been waiting for them to charge my card so I know my order is on the way. I didn't order until 5am PST on the 12th and my delivery date says 7 Oct. Fingers crossed that it was a stretch and they have enough phones to send mine for launch day as well. If not, I may wait in line on Friday for one. Good luck everyone.

I ordered from Verizon as well and was done before 12am got a 9/25 delivery my cc still not charged so I wouldn't worry

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

A debit card can be used as credit too in most cases right? Though I put mine on an actual credit card just in case it'll accidentally double bill or some other oddity that would tie up my finances.

They can take the money early, actually... I prefer it. The sooner the better as I've already budgeted it prior to purchase.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro