What are 2gb ram benefits?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Bragging rights to all the plebeians who suffer through ownership of iPhones before the new one with less than 2GB of RAM.

^^^^^^^^^^a hundred thousand million times ^^^^^^

There are times when Sean is a pain in the patootie.

There are times when Sean is dead right.

This being one instance in which he's dead right.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
^^^^^as evidenced.....

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I am talking about within a couple of minutes. They only reload when it goes out of memory. My macbook pro has 16GB of ram and I have multiple tabs of safari open. They do not reload. I urge you to look into why your desktop is reloading pages. On my Note 5, I can go in and out of apps without them reloading, including websites when I have to look something up. Yes they will reload eventually but not within a couple of minutes. On my 6Plus, I had that happen all the time when I went and looked something up and then came back and had my long Tapatalk answer gone. It was annoying and it shouldn't have happened.

Some are asserting that we do not need this yet why is Apple doing so by cutting into their profits? Some are saying that Apple doesn't advertise RAM, fine. Why now though? Because they recognize it is an issue. I am not talking about any Android Vs. Apple nonsense; I switch between both all the time. I'm talking about loss of productivity and the smoothness of the OS.

As mobile capabilities improve we need more short-term space. Apple has done a fantastic job in efficiently handling iOS until now but it cannot keep running on 1 GB. The OS is just getting too advanced. The games are getting too advanced. Apps are getting too advanced. Apple is finally moving into multitasking and editing high quality photos and video on the go. That is a good thing but software cannot improve if the hardware is limited.

I am not making it into a platform war. I am just warning that although Apple makes a helluva product, they are including 2GB of ram because iOS NEEDS it.

The iPhone 6 Plus hardware costs 242 dollars(Forbes Welcome) with ram costing $5.

So if I load Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News - CNN.com on my Macbook and then come back 50 years later, the page will still be dated today? Web pages reload as the webmaster updates it. It's just a fact of life. It happens on OS X, Windows 10, Mint, Ubuntu, Android... I know, I've used all these operating systems and have noticed web pages reload.

But I guess I can upgrade to 64 gigs of RAM and never have a webpage reload, right?

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
So if I load Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News - CNN.com on my Macbook and then come back 50 years later, the page will still be dated today? Web pages reload as the webmaster updates it. It's just a fact of life. It happens on OS X, Windows 10, Mint, Ubuntu, Android... I know, I've used all these operating systems and have noticed web pages reload.

But I guess I can upgrade to 64 gigs of RAM and never have a webpage reload, right?
Re-read what I wrote.

Sent from my smexy T-Mobile Note 5

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

Your missing the point of what jdhooghe stated. Yes all websites refresh to keep them current no matter what platform you are using but after a extended period of time. If your on your desk top and browsing the internet and click on your calendar to look at something then click right back to the internet it doesn't refresh like on the iphone.

Here is an example of what he is talking about as it just happened to me a short time ago. Im browsing Safari when a text message comes in I leave Safari, open my messages app and respond, the tap on Safari and it has to reload the page I was just on 40 seconds prior. That is caused by low ram. The phone is conserving ram space thus forcing apps to reload themselves even after a short period of time.

Now to be fair I have had more phones than I can count as I go though about a dozen or so a year to try everything out. I have yet to see a phone that does not do this. Doesn't mean there isn't one just that I have not used one.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Okay, just to humor you people and to see for myself... I have 12 tabs open in Safari on an iPhone 6 Plus with a meager 1 gig of RAM. I'm switching from tab to tab to tab for the last 15 minutes or so. Not one page has reloaded when I switched tabs.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Okay, just to humor you people and to see for myself... I have 12 tabs open in Safari on an iPhone 6 Plus with a meager 1 gig of RAM. I'm switching from tab to tab to tab for the last 15 minutes or so. Not one page has reloaded when I switched tabs.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443190475.039554.jpg

Happens non stop on my phone.

jayp4969

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
It's not the amount of tabs open. This happens to me while single tab browsing and switching back and fourth between 2-3 apps including safari. It is caused by a lack of ram, which forces the page to reload. Apps do it as well, not just safari. It just depends on what apps your currently using.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro