What's the IP rating of the iPhone 6s plus?

I

iMore Question

What's the IP rating of the iPhone 6s plus

Does anyone know the IP rating of the iPhone 6s Plus?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: What's the IP rating of the iPhone 6s plus

Does anyone know the IP rating of the iPhone 6s Plus?

Apple has never applied for an IP certification, so you'll probably never get an officially certified rating for this device either. Last year iFixit stated that there were new rubber gaskets added inside which protected some of the more vulnerable parts better, but no where near what Samsung did with their Active line or Sony with their "waterproof" phone (which, as it turns out, was anything but, lol!)

There is this video from last year...expect about the same with these models given their essentially mirrors cosmetically.

iPhone 6 shown to be water resistant

johnorjias

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I would say at least ip66, my wife dropped her 6s into a lake 2 times in the same day, from the dock, it was about 2 feet under water for about 30 seconds one of the times maybe more, in any case she has not had any issue with it except until it dried it thought head phones were plugged in, so you had to go to speaker phone to hear anything, after about a day that started working normally, and she has had no other issues with it. my guess was the water was just making connection in the head phone jack tripping it so it thought headphones were in use but no real damage. that was about 2 months ago, Still works fine

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I would say at least ip66, my wife dropped her 6s into a lake 2 times in the same day, from the dock, it was about 2 feet under water for about 30 seconds one of the times maybe more, in any case she has not had any issue with it except until it dried it thought head phones were plugged in, so you had to go to speaker phone to hear anything, after about a day that started working normally, and she has had no other issues with it. my guess was the water was just making connection in the head phone jack tripping it so it thought headphones were in use but no real damage. that was about 2 months ago, Still works fine

She got lucky. My 6s Plus was submerged for about 15 seconds and died within an hour and never came back.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73