Standing in line!!!

blasted11

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else here know about that Dunkin Donuts grand opening in Santa Monica last year? They did the whole waiting in line overnight thing. Pretty funny,and I say if it's what you want to do...for any launch,then more power to you. It's a free and beautiful country here and things like that only make me smile. I never put people down for things like that.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I always preordered but stood in line last year and that was one of the most horrific experiences of my life lol. This year I realized you can just reserve your phone for I store pickup so I have an appointment to pick it up between 9:30-10 am on the 25th. Only thing that annoyed me was there were so many problems with the website last night with me logging in that by them I could what I wanted was gone at all the stores except the one I went to last year (which I've always disliked anyway) but I bit the bullet and reserved it there and I am hoping for the best.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
People still do this? In the past I've had success buying 's' in the afternoon from Apple and some Best Buy. Try to call around if you want to avoid the lines on launch day. But I get it people just want to line up and waste hours of their time when you could have easily pre-ordered or reserved in store.

As was mentioned above some people just like the social aspects of lining up.

ALborntoride

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Kudos to everyone who was able to reserve their phones last night...I actually could have reserved mine but me and some friends love to go set up outside the Apple Store and enjoy the experience. There's movies, 3ds battles, and White Castle at 2 in the morning. It's a fun time for us...so to those who will be waiting on UPS or have it reserved..good for you. But for those who put in the time to wait for 10+hours...it's a good time.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I was told there is no standing in line anymore, that if you don't reserve it ahead you don't get one day of.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I was told there is no standing in line anymore, that if you don't reserve it ahead you don't get one day of.

Don't know who told you that, but it is definitely incorrect. There will be two lines. One for those with reservations and a second one for those who don't.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've done the line up thing in the past at a Apple Store and at AT&T. This year I preordered and will be sitting at home on the 25th in front of my TV. Sipping my morning coffee while waiting for the UPS truck to show up with my new iPhone. I can see how some people like the excitement and social aspect of standing in line, though. I've met some interesting people in some of the long lines that I was in, lol. :rotfl:

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else here know about that Dunkin Donuts grand opening in Santa Monica last year? They did the whole waiting in line overnight thing. Pretty funny,and I say if it's what you want to do...for any launch,then more power to you. It's a free and beautiful country here and things like that only make me smile. I never put people down for things like that.
Ha! The town I live in (southern Illinois around 20k people) just got a Krispy Kreme. People waited in line the afternoon before their grand opening at 5am the next day, just to maybe get a free dozen donuts a month for a year! I couldn't imagine waiting in line for a phone. I went to my local AT&T last year but they didn't have a single 6 Plus in stock. There wasn't anyone really waiting though.

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
They were trying to do that for the 6 launch last year but that system went down. I was at the 5th Ave store and they wouldn't let you get in the reservation line unless you had the pick up ticket with a qr code in it

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I have two iPhone 6S reserved for pickup at 8 am on the 25th. The only problem is that I screwed up...my husband wants a 6S, but I want a 6S Plus in...of course...rose gold. I realized my mistake immediately, but there was no way to cancel the reservation, and the system wouldn't allow me to reserve more than 2 phones. It did say that if they have a different phone that I want when I go to pick it up, I can switch. So...what are the chances I can get my rose gold 64gb 6S Plus on the 25th?? Sigh...

Laura

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I read over in the iPhone 6s forum, but someone called apple, called an apple store, and when to the store, and was told that the there was not going to be a day of purchase line, and you had to have a reservation in place. Not sure how true this is, but it makes sense with all the complaints they had from the 6 launch with people rushing to the front of the line and such.

Namdnas78

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
For the past few years, I've been standing in line overnight at my local store. Mostly because I enjoy the experience of it. I'd been on late shift work schedules for 17 years, so staying up late was never an issue for me.

Since last year, however, I've changed to a day schedule. So, instead of standing in line 16-18 hours, sleep depriving myself and getting a cold (as I have for the past 2 years, lol), I decided to try the pre-order option when it went live (3am my time) via Verizon's website. It worked like a charm and I was able to snag a 6s Plus for both my wife and I with release date delivery. Had both phones orders within 8 minutes.

However, I did planning on standing in line as a last-ditch effort in case the whole pre-order thing didn't work out. Needless to say, my body is thanking me. Haha. :)

phinx404

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
one year I lined up for the 5S and got it. next year for the 6plus after being about 50th in line around 5:30am a few hundred people showed up and pushed to front of the line. saying their friends and family were hold spots and couldn't understand why people were angry. police had a bunch of cars show up. madness.
I'm cool waiting in line as long as people don't pull that BS. this year I per-ordered.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
one year I lined up for the 5S and got it. next year for the 6plus after being about 50th in line around 5:30am a few hundred people showed up and pushed to front of the line. saying their friends and family were hold spots and couldn't understand why people were angry. police had a bunch of cars show up. madness.
I'm cool waiting in line as long as people don't pull that BS. this year I per-ordered.

A lot of the issues with waiting in line last year was the result of the Chinese launch coming after the US launch... so there was a lot of Asian scalpers (and paid line sitters) to score stock for the Asian markets. This year the iPhone 6S/6S Plus are launching in China and other Asian countries on 9/25, so that should not be a problem.

ALborntoride

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I seriously doubt that there won't be a purchase only line. If the phones would only be available by reservation only then you think apple would have said so. And if you look on the website it says available to purchase at 8am on the 25th.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2