What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have the Rose grey leather case by Apple? Was thinking of getting it.

Also for the leather case users, I keep reading it has a much stiffer feel/the case doesn't fit the iPhone quite right and the buttons are way hard to press. Thoughts??

thought to buy the rose gray also, saw pretty mixed comments on that light color-scratches, wears quickly and looks dirty after few days.
Waiting forward for your opinion.View attachment 100612

Apple seems to be using a different thicker leather this year on the 6s/6s plus versions, and I'm sure that's where most of those comments stem from. Like most things leather, after a month of break in the buttons go back to their normal easy to press "clicky"self ...

OK. So I went into Apple this morning. On display they have both the silicone & leather cases. First off, the leather case is very nice....BUT as one of you mentioned, the buttons for the sides are extremely difficult to push, and I just don't have the patience to wait a month or so for it to "break in." Also the rose grey colour to me is not very girly or appealing...it's clearly more grey. But that's just me. (I have colour resistance issues so maybe it's more pink that I can actually see)

I did however get the pink silicone Apple case(pics attached) I'm in LOVE with it !! The pink is super girly The side buttons have very nice & easy feedback. Also, this isn't your general type silicone case. It feels & looks just like the leather one and it certainly doesn't have that sticky silicone feeling. The ONLY thing that kinda bugs me is the bottom is completely open, so be extra careful when using this case for the bottom against scratches, knicks, etc. Also, I'm quite sure this may be a bit challenging to keep clean
(Sorry for the low qual pics on my iPad mini)

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1452186378.750883.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1452186463.859114.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1452186516.516695.jpg

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
OK. So I went into Apple this morning. On display they have both the silicone & leather cases. First off, the leather case is very nice....BUT as one of you mentioned, the buttons for the sides are extremely difficult to push, and I just don't have the patience to wait a month or so for it to "break in." Also the rose grey colour to me is not very girly or appealing...it's clearly more grey. But that's just me. (I have colour resistance issues so maybe it's more pink that I can actually see)

I did however get the pink silicone Apple case(pics attached) I'm in LOVE with it !! The pink is super girly The side buttons have very nice & easy feedback. Also, this isn't your general type silicone case. It feels & looks just like the leather one and it certainly doesn't have that sticky silicone feeling. The ONLY thing that kinda bugs me is the bottom is completely open, so be extra careful when using this case for the bottom against scratches, knicks, etc. Also, I'm quite sure this may be a bit challenging to keep clean
(Sorry for the low qual pics on my iPad mini)

View attachment 100619
View attachment 100620
View attachment 100621

Nuts! So you wouldn't recommend it? I was thinking about stopping there on my way to work to get it lol!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Nuts! So you wouldn't recommend it? I was thinking about stopping there on my way to work to get it lol!

The leather one for me is a no go...not even in the future. But, you may have a different outlook on it, so I'd say still stop in after work to check it out before buying. Worst case scenario is you walk away without the leather one OR you go with another silicone color

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
The leather one for me is a no go...not even in the future. But, you may have a different outlook on it, so I'd say still stop in after work to check it out before buying. Worst case scenario is you walk away without the leather one OR you go with another silicone color

I have two silicone cases currently! Have the pink and white. Was thinking of the stone color!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Apple seems to be using a different thicker leather this year on the 6s/6s plus versions, and I'm sure that's where most of those comments stem from. Like most things leather, after a month of break in the buttons go back to their normal easy to press "clicky"self ...

This EXACTLY. For me it took about a week to "break in" this years Apple Leather cases. I like this years version better because it feels and responds like...real leather.
Most "good" leather products need a "break in" period.
I'm constantly getting good compliments on my Apple Saddle Brown Leather case.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Just picked up the apple leather case in the rose grey! I really love the look of it! And I didn't have an issue with the buttons. I like it a lot!!! And it looks really classy with the Rose gold

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Just picked up the apple leather case in the rose grey! I really love the look of it! And I didn't have an issue with the buttons. I like it a lot!!! And it looks really classy with the Rose gold

ConGrats on your new Rose Grey Apple Leather Case...ENJOY

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Thank you for convincing me! I love it.. One pic for now. I'll take more when I get home View attachment 100640

🏽awesome good for you !!! It does look nice....ya see now it looks like a different color to me seeing your pic compared to the one I saw in store and I like the way it looks

Soooooo. I may have a change of heart here. How's the button feedback with the case?

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for convincing me! I love it.. One pic for now. I'll take more when I get home View attachment 100640

Very nice! I have the black leather and it fits a bit tighter than I would like. Buttons are a still a bit stiff also. And I'm going on about 5 weeks with it. Still my favorite case but I also have the silicone also and it fits much better. Still prefer the leather though. Rose grey looks great by the way!🏻

JOey811

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
a tip that I found for the stiff buttons: use the end of kitchen utensils and pushed the buttons in with it and out with finger a little bit.

Last edited:

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
🏽awesome good for you !!! It does look nice....ya see now it looks like a different color to me seeing your pic compared to the one I saw in store and I like the way it looks

Soooooo. I may have a change of heart here. How's the button feedback with the case?

I say go for it. It does look perfect with the Rose gold and has a nice feel! The buttons on mine are great! I was nervous about the buttons too but honestly this case is awesome! I know this will show wear and tear eventually- I've set that expectation for myself. But honestly I'm ocd and take good care of my things so we shall see! And I do have my silicone cases as well :) highly recommend this case. It is gorgeous. The color is on point! Sometimes the Apple Store lighting can mess things up a bit :p

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Very nice! I have the black leather and it fits a bit tighter than I would like. Buttons are a still a bit stiff also. And I'm going on about 5 weeks with it. Still my favorite case but I also have the silicone also and it fits much better. Still prefer the leather though. Rose grey looks great by the way!🏻

My buttons aren't stiff and I feel it fits mine perfectly! I didn't have to struggle with it at all :) love it!

Jennnt

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone, please someone know for sure if the Apple leather cases made by Real leather? (also the last year of 6) thanks. :angel:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, please someone know for sure if the Apple leather cases made by Real leather? (also the last year of 6) thanks. :angel:

Yes. The Apple Leather cases are made with "real" leather. Not sure what you mean about "last year of 6".

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal