What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Go with Lifeproof or Tech21. I've had a lot of bad luck with Otterbox. They've been warped, built in protector was too protruded or discolored, left damage from extra plastic inside case rubbing against aluminum..

Though I prefer to go with a much thinner case. Usually I put on colored tempered glass on front and back. Then I put a clear case over it. Phone looks unique that way.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.

Morbo

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I plan to order the Caudabe "The Veil XT Wisp" for my space-grey 6s+ as soon as it is available on 9/25. The 6s+ is already very big, so I like the idea of a very thin case that doesn't add any bulk but still protects the device from scratches, which is all I'm looking for, I basically never drop my phones.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I like that look on brown/black cases, but the lighter colored cases (I have the red one for my current 6) start to look pretty bad. The red one I have was basically black on all the corners after a few weeks.

A friend of mine got a $70 Coach leather case for his iPhone 5s. It was orange and brown and it looked really sharp. Well, he wears dark blue jeans most of the time, and within just a few weeks most of the orange had been stained with blue dye from his jeans. It was a bummer. That's why I'm going with the Midnight Blue leather case for mine. I don't have to worry about my jeans staining it, and I'll still get the worn look after awhile. Plus I think it'll look sharp against the white/silver. I'm tempted to get a saddle brown one too, but I'll wait. I'm also looking at the stone and lavender silicone cases.

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Wanted the red leather but wasn't sure of the comparability with the 6S, so just ended up getting black leather to be safe. Might still pick up the red leather if/when I can confirm for sure that it fits the 6s.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

SLVRDVL

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have have experience using a case from Caudabe? I prefer the minimalism style since the Plus is already a big phone.

Attachments

• 11755702_958271740891900_6692258328175219201_n.jpg
    11755702_958271740891900_6692258328175219201_n.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 144

timswork

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
It's hard for me to consider anything but the Spigen Slim Armor series of cases for my iPhones.

Spigen has never let me down; and I completely love the slenderness of their cases and I completely trust the protection of those cases for my iPhones for the past 4 years.

I can't say enough great things about Spigen and their style and quality!

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
It's hard for me to consider anything but the Spigen Slim Armor series of cases for my iPhones.

Spigen has never let me down; and I completely love the slenderness of their cases and I completely trust the protection of those cases for my iPhones for the past 4 years.

I can't say enough great things about Spigen and their style and quality!

I had the Slim Armor for my Note 4! I really liked the aesthetic, but it made the Note just a little too bulky, and the back was really slick. I went to a Speck Candyshell Grip and liked that a lot better. It was a little slimmer (it's also dual layer, but the layers are stuck together), and the grips extended all around to the sides which I liked.

cashmereesquire

May 25, 2013
Visit site
has it been confirmed that the iphone 6+ official leather Apple Case will fit the 6S+? Best buy has them on sale and i have a 10 dollar coupon. I would assume all Apple did was rebrand the packages as on the day of pre order the Official cases were updated to say compatible with 6+ and 6s+. Doubt they discontinued the old cases and wouldnt put them on clearence, and I would assume Best Buy has the cases on sale to make way for new packaging.

SLVRDVL

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Be hard for the current ones to fit due to that larger millimeter size different in the plus and the tight fit of the leather case.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
has it been confirmed that the iphone 6+ official leather Apple Case will fit the 6S+? Best buy has them on sale and i have a 10 dollar coupon. I would assume all Apple did was rebrand the packages as on the day of pre order the Official cases were updated to say compatible with 6+ and 6s+. Doubt they discontinued the old cases and wouldnt put them on clearence, and I would assume Best Buy has the cases on sale to make way for new packaging.

Be hard for the current ones to fit due to that larger millimeter size different in the plus and the tight fit of the leather case.

Of course leather will stretch to some extent. I am not overly concerned about it not fitting. When in doubt, go to the source:

View attachment 91529

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
A friend of mine got a $70 Coach leather case for his iPhone 5s. It was orange and brown and it looked really sharp. Well, he wears dark blue jeans most of the time, and within just a few weeks most of the orange had been stained with blue dye from his jeans. It was a bummer. That's why I'm going with the Midnight Blue leather case for mine. I don't have to worry about my jeans staining it, and I'll still get the worn look after awhile. Plus I think it'll look sharp against the white/silver. I'm tempted to get a saddle brown one too, but I'll wait. I'm also looking at the stone and lavender silicone cases.

This happens to me all the time. With both Apple leather cases and the premium (*expensive) Vaja cases when I order them in light or bright colors (Apple product red, lighter browns, etc). I seem to never learn either haha

I'm gonna stick with that case mate clear case for a while, but when I go leather I will definitely be going for a darker brown this time around... Vaja supposedly has some new bridge leather which 'only gets better with age'. It is definitely the leather material - look at car leather, some white/beige/red leathers fade and stain more than others. Same goes for phone case leathers I guess.

I actually LOVE the carbon fiber cases out there as I'm a huge car guy and the carbon fiber trim matches my interior (so did the red leather which is why I got the Apple red leather for my current 6...), but I noticed that the carbon fiber around the phone KILLS my signal. I was consistently getting 1-3 bars lower with the case on (and at times dropping from LTE to 3G or even 1x!) I should have realized putting real plastic reinforced carbon fiber around the phone (and therefor around the antennae) would mess something up...

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have have experience using a case from Caudabe? I prefer the minimalism style since the Plus is already a big phone.

That looks really good! Do they have a clear one? Will definitely be checking that out. I also tend to stick with bumpers or very minimalist cases.

Edit: just had an email conversation with caudabe support. They are almost positive that the regular veil case (not the veil xt) will fit the 6S plus with no issues. They said that they can't guarantee 100% since the phone hasn't been released, but believe that there should be no issues.

Last edited:

Quackinup

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I like that look on brown/black cases, but the lighter colored cases (I have the red one for my current 6) start to look pretty bad. The red one I have was basically black on all the corners after a few weeks.

Maybe that was my problem, I had the light blue case. Looked like crap after 6 months, and I'm pretty easy on my phones. Completely falling apart now after 2 years.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Quackinup

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Again... go to the source. Apple says they are compatible. That's good enough for me.

Oh, I agree. I have no doubt they will fit. I was just a little surprised when my case got to the point that I could see the plastic showing through. Lots of "give" in the case after two years as it is breaking down quite a bit. :rotfl:

SLVRDVL

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
That looks really good! Do they have a clear one? Will definitely be checking that out. I also tend to stick with bumpers or very minimalist cases.

Edit: just had an email conversation with caudabe support. They are almost positive that the regular veil case (not the veil xt) will fit the 6S plus with no issues. They said that they can't guarantee 100% since the phone hasn't been released, but believe that there should be no issues.

That's good to hear. Hopefully they release them pretty soon. Might just the Spigen Air Case for just so it has "some protection" for the time being then will order one of these when it's released. Or just order one of the Veil too and give it a shot, it's only $15 so why not.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro