Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 925 of 1688
Like Tree1018Likes
  1. #901  
    Brooke5795's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,427 Posts

    Default Re: What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by MooMooPrincess View Post
    So I have this semi old 6s plus leather case that I've barely worn. How do I make the buttons easier to press and make it feel less slippery?
    Apple leather? I'd say just use tends to make it grippy and the buttons a little easier.. But mine were always a little harder to press versus the silicone case and my speck case. Just the nature of that case and what type of leather they used.
  2. #902  
    MooMooPrincess's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,115 Posts

    Default Re: What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooke5795 View Post
    Apple leather? I'd say just use tends to make it grippy and the buttons a little easier.. But mine were always a little harder to press versus the silicone case and my speck case. Just the nature of that case and what type of leather they used.
    I hate this rose gray so much
    violetjune likes this.
  3. #903  
    Brooke5795's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,427 Posts

    Default Re: What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by MooMooPrincess View Post
    I hate this rose gray so much
    I have the Rose grey as well! And the saddle brown. Aside from the issues mentioned anything else you don't like? How is it weathering for you?
    violetjune likes this.
  4. #904  
    MooMooPrincess's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,115 Posts

    Default What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooke5795 View Post
    I have the Rose grey as well! And the saddle brown. Aside from the issues mentioned anything else you don't like? How is it weathering for you?
    It's not doing anything. Like...nothing, I even sat it on my window in the sunlight for like a week. I just don't like the grip pretty much.
    violetjune likes this.
  5. #905  
    Brooke5795's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,427 Posts

    Default Re: What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by MooMooPrincess View Post
    It's not doing anything. Like...nothing, I even sat it on my window in the sunlight for like a week. I just don't like the grip pretty much.
    Mine hast really either. And my Rose grey didn't get any grippier either. Saddle brown did. I think the different colors are manufactured a little differently. Even had an apple rep say that. I tried getting a midnight blue one but the bottom part never fit! We tired three different ones too. I couldn't very well open every box in the store as they can't sell them if the box has been opened and that's when they informed me that certain colors are processed slightly differently. All the reviews said the Rose grey wears terribly but mine didn't age at all! And the buttons were harder to press. Didn't "break in" as well as the brown.

    I don't think there's too much more you can do other than maybe give it more time. But the buttons will always be a bit harder to press in comparison to some of the other cases (i.e. Silicone case and even my speck case). Just the nature of the leather they used this time around. If I get another leather case I'll probably be getting a different brand...
  6. #906  
    MooMooPrincess's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,115 Posts

    Default Re: What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooke5795 View Post
    Mine hast really either. And my Rose grey didn't get any grippier either. Saddle brown did. I think the different colors are manufactured a little differently. Even had an apple rep say that. I tried getting a midnight blue one but the bottom part never fit! We tired three different ones too. I couldn't very well open every box in the store as they can't sell them if the box has been opened and that's when they informed me that certain colors are processed slightly differently. All the reviews said the Rose grey wears terribly but mine didn't age at all! And the buttons were harder to press. Didn't "break in" as well as the brown.

    I don't think there's too much more you can do other than maybe give it more time. But the buttons will always be a bit harder to press in comparison to some of the other cases (i.e. Silicone case and even my speck case). Just the nature of the leather they used this time around. If I get another leather case I'll probably be getting a different brand...
    I read a lady used leather cleaner on her rose gray and it improved it by a lot. Might try that.
  7. #907  
    Brooke5795's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,427 Posts

    Default Re: What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by MooMooPrincess View Post
    I read a lady used leather cleaner on her rose gray and it improved it by a lot. Might try that.
    Lemme know how that works! And post pics if it alters the color at all!
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
  8. #908  
    MooMooPrincess's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,115 Posts

    Default What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooke5795 View Post
    Lemme know how that works! And post pics if it alters the color at all!
    This was after 5 leather cleaning attempts with a dry rag and armor all leather wipes. After the first time the button got softer and it had more texture. It gets super dark and dingy when wet but seems to have lightened up when dry. I have more whiter patches than before. The sides are still wet because they're super sticky and still super white. I'll post another once it dries completely.

    What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1457112633.794556.jpg
  9. #909  
    Brooke5795's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,427 Posts

    Default Re: What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by MooMooPrincess View Post
    This was after 5 leather cleaning attempts with a dry rag and armor all leather wipes. After the first time the button got softer and it had more texture. It gets super dark and dingy when wet but seems to have lightened up when dry. I have more whiter patches than before. The sides are still wet because they're super sticky and still super white. I'll post another once it dries completely.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1457112633.794556.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	796.3 KB 
ID:	103327
    That actually looks really good! It looks like a soft pink there! So it made the case better by doing that?
    violetjune likes this.
  10. #910  
    MooMooPrincess's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,115 Posts

    Default Re: What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooke5795 View Post
    That actually looks really good! It looks like a soft pink there! So it made the case better by doing that?
    Yeah the buttons are a tiny bit softer (I wiped the inside) and its more gripy and has a bit more of texture I feel
    violetjune likes this.
  11. #911  
    Brooke5795's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,427 Posts

    Default Re: What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by MooMooPrincess View Post
    Yeah the buttons are a tiny bit softer (I wiped the inside) and its more gripy and has a bit more of texture I feel
    You did a really good job! I wish you could do mine! Lol
    violetjune likes this.
  12. #912  
    MooMooPrincess's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,115 Posts

    Default Re: What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooke5795 View Post
    You did a really good job! I wish you could do mine! Lol
    LOL all I did literally was wipe once, let it dry (takes about 2 minutes the first time), sat it in the cold air for 10 then went over it 4 more times then wiped it dry then let it air dry and bam
    violetjune likes this.
  13. #913  
    Brooke5795's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,427 Posts

    Default Re: What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by MooMooPrincess View Post
    LOL all I did literally was wipe once, let it dry (takes about 2 minutes the first time), sat it in the cold air for 10 then went over it 4 more times then wiped it dry then let it air dry and bam
    I'll keep that in mind if I decide to use it again. Idk why but I'm sorta over the leather cases! Apparently how I keep it in my car damages it with marking it up so the leather has become something I have to baby. Which isn't fun! They look good but I'm a little over them
    violetjune likes this.
  14. #914  
    MooMooPrincess's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,115 Posts

    Default What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooke5795 View Post
    I'll keep that in mind if I decide to use it again. Idk why but I'm sorta over the leather cases! Apparently how I keep it in my car damages it with marking it up so the leather has become something I have to baby. Which isn't fun! They look good but I'm a little over them
    Tis why I've barely worn this one. Just trying to make it until I can get my next perfume bottle case
  15. #915  
    violetjune's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,077 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,082 Global Posts

    Default Re: What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooke5795 View Post
    I'll keep that in mind if I decide to use it again. Idk why but I'm sorta over the leather cases! Apparently how I keep it in my car damages it with marking it up so the leather has become something I have to baby. Which isn't fun! They look good but I'm a little over them
    Me too
  16. #916  
    Brooke5795's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,427 Posts

    Default Re: What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by MooMooPrincess View Post
    Tis why I've barely worn this one. Just trying to make it until I can get my next perfume bottle case
    I hear ya! I'm probably gonna use this new speck case till the 7 releases
    violetjune likes this.
  17. #917  

    Default Re: What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooke5795 View Post
    I hear ya! I'm probably gonna use this new speck case till the 7 releases
    LOL, I/we believe you.
    violetjune likes this.
  18. #918  
    Brooke5795's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,427 Posts

    Default Re: What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    LOL, I/we believe you.
    Mark my words.. I'm going to!
  19. #919  
    ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,251 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,996 Global Posts

    Default Re: What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by MooMooPrincess View Post
    Tis why I've barely worn this one. Just trying to make it until I can get my next perfume bottle case
    I love that perfume bottle case !! I think it's so unique

    On another note...I am still happily using my whip case !! 🙃 I'm totally addicted to it !!
  20. #920  

    Default What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

    The leather wears nicely and becomes more "grippy" with use.

    I have the light brown case, which I didn't like at first, but it's gotten a lot darker since I got it in November.



    I ordered a Spigen Slim Armor for a bit of "change of scenery"... Should be here Sunday.
  21. #921  
    violetjune's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,077 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,082 Global Posts

    Default Re: What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    The leather wears nicely and becomes more "grippy" with use.

    I have the light brown case, which I didn't like at first, but it's gotten a lot darker since I got it in November.

    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...49948c6a2b.jpg

    I ordered a Spigen Slim Armor for a bit of "change of scenery"... Should be here Sunday.
    Wow...
    That looks awesome !
    Spencerdl likes this.
  22. #922  
    MooMooPrincess's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,115 Posts

    Default Re: What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    The leather wears nicely and becomes more "grippy" with use.

    I have the light brown case, which I didn't like at first, but it's gotten a lot darker since I got it in November.

    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...49948c6a2b.jpg

    I ordered a Spigen Slim Armor for a bit of "change of scenery"... Should be here Sunday.
    The leather is driving me up a wall.
  23. #923  

    Default Re: What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by MooMooPrincess View Post
    The leather is driving me up a wall.
    How so? I think it looks good. My saddle brown leather is wearing really nicely as well. My favorite case ever!
    Spencerdl likes this.
  24. #924  

    Default Re: What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    The leather wears nicely and becomes more "grippy" with use.

    I have the light brown case, which I didn't like at first, but it's gotten a lot darker since I got it in November.

    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...49948c6a2b.jpg

    I ordered a Spigen Slim Armor for a bit of "change of scenery"... Should be here Sunday.
    Wow, that looks GOOD
  25. #925  
    MooMooPrincess's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,115 Posts

    Default Re: What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilishBanker View Post
    How so? I think it looks good. My saddle brown leather is wearing really nicely as well. My favorite case ever!
    Rose gray is so difficult
    violetjune likes this.
Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s?
    By Brent Zaniewski in forum iPhone 6s
    Replies: 361
    Last Post: 11-26-2016, 10:31 AM
  2. How can you remove the demo mode from Apple watch?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-10-2015, 03:51 PM
  3. Case question from a new IPhone User
    By kygator13 in forum iPhone 6s Plus
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-10-2015, 03:49 PM
  4. AppleCare+ for the iPhone 6s or 6s Plus will cost $30 more
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-10-2015, 01:21 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2015, 01:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions