Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1018Likes
    iMore Beginner

Default Re: What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

has it been confirmed that the iphone 6+ official leather Apple Case will fit the 6S+? Best buy has them on sale and i have a 10 dollar coupon. I would assume all Apple did was rebrand the packages as on the day of pre order the Official cases were updated to say compatible with 6+ and 6s+. Doubt they discontinued the old cases and wouldnt put them on clearence, and I would assume Best Buy has the cases on sale to make way for new packaging.
    iMore Newbie

Be hard for the current ones to fit due to that larger millimeter size different in the plus and the tight fit of the leather case.
    Banned

Global Posts
    6,195 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cashmereesquire View Post
    has it been confirmed that the iphone 6+ official leather Apple Case will fit the 6S+? Best buy has them on sale and i have a 10 dollar coupon. I would assume all Apple did was rebrand the packages as on the day of pre order the Official cases were updated to say compatible with 6+ and 6s+. Doubt they discontinued the old cases and wouldnt put them on clearence, and I would assume Best Buy has the cases on sale to make way for new packaging.
    Quote Originally Posted by SLVRDVL View Post
    Be hard for the current ones to fit due to that larger millimeter size different in the plus and the tight fit of the leather case.
    Of course leather will stretch to some extent. I am not overly concerned about it not fitting. When in doubt, go to the source:

Attachment 91529
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,916 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pantlesspenguin View Post
    A friend of mine got a $70 Coach leather case for his iPhone 5s. It was orange and brown and it looked really sharp. Well, he wears dark blue jeans most of the time, and within just a few weeks most of the orange had been stained with blue dye from his jeans. It was a bummer. That's why I'm going with the Midnight Blue leather case for mine. I don't have to worry about my jeans staining it, and I'll still get the worn look after awhile. Plus I think it'll look sharp against the white/silver. I'm tempted to get a saddle brown one too, but I'll wait. I'm also looking at the stone and lavender silicone cases.
    This happens to me all the time. With both Apple leather cases and the premium (*expensive) Vaja cases when I order them in light or bright colors (Apple product red, lighter browns, etc). I seem to never learn either haha

I'm gonna stick with that case mate clear case for a while, but when I go leather I will definitely be going for a darker brown this time around... Vaja supposedly has some new bridge leather which 'only gets better with age'. It is definitely the leather material - look at car leather, some white/beige/red leathers fade and stain more than others. Same goes for phone case leathers I guess.

I actually LOVE the carbon fiber cases out there as I'm a huge car guy and the carbon fiber trim matches my interior (so did the red leather which is why I got the Apple red leather for my current 6...), but I noticed that the carbon fiber around the phone KILLS my signal. I was consistently getting 1-3 bars lower with the case on (and at times dropping from LTE to 3G or even 1x!) I should have realized putting real plastic reinforced carbon fiber around the phone (and therefor around the antennae) would mess something up...
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,916 Global Posts

Default What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

Quote Originally Posted by SLVRDVL View Post
    Does anyone have have experience using a case from Caudabe? I prefer the minimalism style since the Plus is already a big phone.
    That looks really good! Do they have a clear one? Will definitely be checking that out. I also tend to stick with bumpers or very minimalist cases.

Edit: just had an email conversation with caudabe support. They are almost positive that the regular veil case (not the veil xt) will fit the 6S plus with no issues. They said that they can't guarantee 100% since the phone hasn't been released, but believe that there should be no issues.
    Last edited by SaMaster14; 09-15-2015 at 05:05 PM.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
    I like that look on brown/black cases, but the lighter colored cases (I have the red one for my current 6) start to look pretty bad. The red one I have was basically black on all the corners after a few weeks.
    Maybe that was my problem, I had the light blue case. Looked like crap after 6 months, and I'm pretty easy on my phones. Completely falling apart now after 2 years.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by HankAZ View Post
    Of course leather will stretch to some extent. I am not overly concerned about it not fitting. When in doubt, go to the source:

Attachment 91529
    If they are still made like the leather case for the 5s they are plastic wrapped in a thin layer of leather. Not sure how much that plastic would stretch.
    Banned

Global Posts
    6,195 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Quackinup View Post
    If they are still made like the leather case for the 5s they are plastic wrapped in a thin layer of leather. Not sure how much that plastic would stretch.
    Again... go to the source. Apple says they are compatible. That's good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by allysapple View Post
    Thank you @Ledsteplin for the comment. I was thinking about getting the Otterbox Commuter, but still not sure. Just wish they would offer more colors for the 6s+
    I ordered one yesterday. Great price on black @ Amazon. Only $28.55
    OtterBox COMMUTER iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus Case - Frustration-Free Packaging - BLACK https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N28AUK2...mUvbUpU2595057
    iMore Intermediate

Again... go to the source. Apple says they are compatible. That's good enough for me.
    Oh, I agree. I have no doubt they will fit. I was just a little surprised when my case got to the point that I could see the plastic showing through. Lots of "give" in the case after two years as it is breaking down quite a bit.
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
    That looks really good! Do they have a clear one? Will definitely be checking that out. I also tend to stick with bumpers or very minimalist cases.

Edit: just had an email conversation with caudabe support. They are almost positive that the regular veil case (not the veil xt) will fit the 6S plus with no issues. They said that they can't guarantee 100% since the phone hasn't been released, but believe that there should be no issues.
    That's good to hear. Hopefully they release them pretty soon. Might just the Spigen Air Case for just so it has "some protection" for the time being then will order one of these when it's released. Or just order one of the Veil too and give it a shot, it's only $15 so why not.
    iMore Newbie

Attachment 91529
    Boom! Good to know now.
    iMore Newbie

I bought one. The minamilist affect it has is perfect. And it's slightly see thru so you see the phone which is nice.

Problem is the case cracked after a months use.
    iMore Nanite

I broke my iphone 6plus last year a week after i got it . I just had a slide k case only protecting the back of the phone. Then o needed a stronger tougher case. I found that with Urban Armor Gear. Although a little pricey it has worked wonders. Ive dropped my phone a bunch of time and nothing. Its light and doest even feel like a case is on. Its very durable. I am getting 6s plus and will be using the same case . I've got a clear one so it shows off the color of my phone. Why pick a nice color if u cAnt show it off . I am goin with the rose gold for the new phone. Wanna show that one off .
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

I ordered the Diztronic, Body Glove Satin and Magpul Field Cases.

I'm a gun guy so I had to buy the Magpul. The Body Glove and Diztronic I have had for multiple other phones and they have always been great so ordered those too. My favorite is usually the Diztronic.
    iMore Newbie

I'm looking at the Speck Mightyshell case. Looks like it offers good protection & not too much bulk.
    iMore Intermediate

I looked into the UAG cases yesterday. Think I'll be getting one of those also.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

Spigen Neo Hybrid Metal case is the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Quackinup View Post
    Oh, I agree. I have no doubt they will fit. I was just a little surprised when my case got to the point that I could see the plastic showing through. Lots of "give" in the case after two years as it is breaking down quite a bit.
    After two years of everyday, everyhour, everyminute use, I suppose so. I will be happy if my Black Apple leather case on my 6 Plus last a year.....LOL
    I haven't taken my Apple Leather case off sine I purchased it the same day as my iPhone (no need), so it's hard to imagine it having "lots of give" unless I constantly take it on and off.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,758 Global Posts

I went to the  store today and saw some cute new cases for my 6+. I slowly backed away and walked out of the store. I have too many cases as is! Lol
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    After two years of everyday, everyhour, everyminute use, I suppose so. I will be happy if my Black Apple leather case on my 6 Plus last a year.....LOL
    I haven't taken my Apple Leather case off sine I purchased it the same day as my iPhone (no need), so it's hard to imagine it having "lots of give" unless I constantly take it on and off.
    I do take my case off occasionally, but this case has deteriorated far more quickly than any case I have ever had. Cracked or missing small pieces around the buttons, switch and lightning port. It's about to the point of falling off on it's own. BUT, it has protected the phone well, it still looks brand new, and it only has to make it 6 more days before it gets retired.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,916 Global Posts

Default What are your favorite cases for the iPhone 6s Plus?

My CaseMate Naked Tough (clear) case came in today! I think I'm going to really like the bigger size of the Plus! It doesn't seem like it will be much thicker than my current 6 either!

I can post pics if anyone wants to see the case. I assume it's the same as the regular 6 plus case though.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OBF View Post
    The Official Apple Leather case. Space Grey + black leather case is a beautiful combination.
    That's what I'll be rocking this time, so excited.

The Lannisters send their regards.
    iMore Nanite

Has anyone checked out the k11 bumper on kickstarter? Thinking about preordering
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,916 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eliasj28 View Post
    Has anyone checked out the k11 bumper on kickstarter? Thinking about preordering
    I did. Looks really good! Did they hit their mark? Definitely ordering one if it gets produced
Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast