Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRJ

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Apple has't created new battery technology that allows a higher charge to be stored in an equal/smaller space. If they had, it would be a massive deal - not only for Apple and the rest of the smartphone market, but for every other part of the world. Just think about the prospects for a moment and what it implies...

Let's forget about these devices that we carry around to play candy crush and call our wives/mistresses (or husband/toyboy - delete as appropriate). It would affect the automobile industry in the way of EVs which would in turn affect the petroleum industries. When oil isn't in as much demand, political relationships between the east and west could begin to erode leading to a host of other 'issues'

Of course, this is extremes but it purveys real points. Apple haven't made a dramatic advancements in battery technology. They would have made a huge fanfare about it if they had..

However, that doesn't mean that battery life will be massively affected. You're right, they wouldn't release something with dramatically inferior battery life - it would be a disaster.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The back and forth over why Apple should include more RAM, shouldn't include more RAM, where it will be useful, where it won't be, etc is amusing. Apple didn't just come up with an 'idea' for these two new phones 12 months ago and merely throw it into production hoping all turns out well. They test, and tweak, and test in mind-numbing amounts and ways. They worry about one thing in this situation, the phone(s) they themselves are putting out. They are not concerned if the competition is putting out 2, 3, 4 or 10GB phones. At the end of the day, Apple goes with what it feels will provide the best experience for its customers.

Same goes with the battery. There has to be a happy medium folks. Apple ordered 90M devices. That is potentially 90m opinions on how long a battery should last versus how large the phone should be to accommodate it. Apple has a vision and they are sticking with it. The ones who do the most barking are typically the ones who either cannot charge a phone at some point during the day, or simply do not want to. Either way, there are alternatives and options available to you.

Anyway, the complaining and speculating will continue to happen as that is the nature here in the forums. But for me, I am not spending countless hours trying to solve some conspiracy theory behind how and why Apple does what it does. I rest easy simply knowing that when I get my new phone.....1GB RAM or 20GB......it will perform just the way Apple intended it to. Extremely well.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The water is both warm and deep today!

You're likely to drown if you keep putting your nose in the water like that.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'd also like to see the OS refrain from crashing on me while switching apps, if that has anything to do with it.

Are you serious? I love it when iOS and my apps crash. SMH.

And in the interest of full disclosure, I can't recall the last time anything crashed while switching apps (or anything else beyond an issue with the app itself) ... certainly not in any regular, chronic way ... SMH again.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'd also like to see the OS refrain from crashing on me while switching apps, if that has anything to do with it.

Only reason why I think it has to do with RAM is because this same exact thing happens with WP, Android, and BB devices that have 1GB. I've tested a few different devices, results pretty consistent with crashing, freezing, reloading, refreshing, etc.

Just my experience though. YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Are you serious? I love it when iOS and my apps crash. SMH.

And in the interest of full disclosure, I can't recall the last time anything crashed while switching apps (or anything else beyond an issue with the app itself) ... certainly not in any regular, chronic way ... SMH again.

Apps crash on my iPad Air sometimes. Like I'll launch an app and if it's something that has to load for a sec (like Netflix, for example) sometimes it'll crash instead of load all the way and I have to launch it again.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Only reason why I think it has to do with RAM is because this same exact thing happens with WP, Android, and BB devices that have 1GB. I've tested a few different devices, results pretty consistent with crashing, freezing, reloading, refreshing, etc.

Just my experience though. YMMV.

RAM is all I can think of when iOS crashes like it does when double tapping the home button. There is a bit of a lag when opening an app and then double tapping to go to another. Many times the screen will revert to the  logo, which is what I assumed was the "springboard crash". Does that sound like something you've encountered?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
RAM is all I can think of when iOS crashes like it does when double tapping the home button. There is a bit of a lag when opening an app and then double tapping to go to another. Many times the screen will revert to the  logo, which is what I assumed was the "springboard crash". Does that sound like something you've encountered?

Most of the time my springboard crashed when I was jailbroken. However it has done it like once or twice when I was trying to bring up Siri after using spotlight. I'm constantly on beta iOS though.

Mostly for me, the app itself just crashes after attempting to load but no springboard crash.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖

MikezDroid

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Kind of disappointed but oh well.

*Edit: No 2GB of RAM
Apple is far more efficient with ram and cpu than other phone OSs. The iPhone and iPad have never had any real ram performance issues like Samsung's bloat ware slowdown and the like.

This is a non-issue.

Sent from my SM-G928G using Tapatalk

MikezDroid

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
2GB could very well be the factor that decides if I want to upgrade. I am happy with my 6 and the new features are nice but I can wait for the 7 to have them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ram is a non issue. Apple code is very efficient. I'd be more concerned with battery.

MikezDroid

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
App crash generates a crash report. They can be from ram but seldom are. If you are having issues switching between apps you may have a bigger issue. I'd go to the Genius bar or do a clean install.
Apps crash on my iPad Air sometimes. Like I'll launch an app and if it's something that has to load for a sec (like Netflix, for example) sometimes it'll crash instead of load all the way and I have to launch it again.

What are you going to use if you leave 2GB?

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
RAM is an issue which is where your wrong. Tab reloading is an issue the iPhone 6 has.

This was honestly my only major issue with my 6 Plus when I had it. I would leave an app to come back 3 minutes later and would have to reload and start from scratch. I'm hoping the 2gb of RAM in the 6s Plus will alleviate that problem.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
This was honestly my only major issue with my 6 Plus when I had it. I would leave an app to come back 3 minutes later and would have to reload and start from scratch. I'm hoping the 2gb of RAM in the 6s Plus will alleviate that problem.

That's why I prefer using my iPad most of the time

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Most of the time my springboard crashed when I was jailbroken. However it has done it like once or twice when I was trying to bring up Siri after using spotlight. I'm constantly on beta iOS though.

Mostly for me, the app itself just crashes after attempting to load but no springboard crash.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖

Just now I did a test. Playing music in my car via Bluetooth while reading your reply on Tapatalk. Double tapped to switch apps. Nothing. Did it again and the iPhone crashed bringing up the  logo and cutting off the music. I will try and restore my phone when iOS 9 drops, but I doubt it will help. Rather disappointed in iOS recently. They seem to have caved in to the masses and went with flash over stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods