One Hit Wonder?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As we all know, Apple released the iPhone 5C alongside the iPhone 5S in the fall of 2013, however, in the fall of 2014, Apple released the iPhone 6 as a successor to the iPhone 5S. There was no release or even a mention of replacing the iPhone 5C with an alleged iPhone 6C. Was the iPhone 5C a so-called one-hit wonder or do you think we'll see an updated version in the form of a 6C or 7C?

Last edited:

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking that we will see a 6C along the 6S later this year. While not as popular as the 5S, the 5C still garnered sales for Apple. Selling multiple color handheld devices seems to be something they like to do as well.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking that we will see a 6C along the 6S later this year. While not as popular as the 5S, the 5C still garnered sales for Apple. Selling multiple color handheld devices seems to be something they like to do as well.

You could be right. We'll definitely know soon enough....:)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
This was brought up in the 4" device thread and I can see a 6c 4" device with updated internals possible the A8 processor

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
If they announce a 6c, I would hope it would have the A8. I could see a possible 6c being the 4" device.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
One hit wonder IMO. They'd be better off revamping the 5s as a 4"screen iP 6s mini.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I think I'll cry my eyes out if I never see another iPhone c variant. I genuinely love the feel, look, and style of that particular phone.

Considering it compelled me enough to break away from my android fandom...

I think it was quite a feat for Apple to create something of that magnitude for me.

I'm hoping I've not seen the end of those beautifully colored shelled phones.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
here's what I'd love to see: Roll out a iP6 Mini that has the same back as the 5C (colourful, sturdy, polished finish), but the design of a shrunken iPhone6. Make it a tiny bit thicker (same as the 5C was thicker than the 5) so the camera no longer protrudes. Put in some decent internals and I'll be in the line in autmn.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
One hit wonder IMO. They'd be better off revamping the 5s as a 4"screen iP 6s mini.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Yes, I agree with this totally. I think the 5s was such a great device that it deserves to live on as the 6c. I might even contemplate getting one as my second device then.

Zacharyw70

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I doubt we'll see an iPhone 6C this year simply because I don't think Apple will want to juggle so many different phone variants. If Apple wants to target the low to mid cost audience that the iPhone 5C was targeting they might be better off just making the iPhone 5S more affordable this year and market that as the "Affordable iPhone".

This year I expect we will see the iPhone 6S Mini (4" device) and that'll go alongside the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus.

cbosdell

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
It is seeming more and more like it will be. Right now I'm leaning towards the 6S Plus (or whatever it'll be called) but honestly if they would do a 6C based on the 6 specs either in a 4" or 4.7" size I would jump on it.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
explain why it would be 4".

the 5c was the same size as the 5, whichever it was based off of. meaning that a 6c would be the same size as the 6

Because lots of people still want a 4" phone that has up-to-date specs. Not everyone wants a 4.7-5.5" phone, and if they made the 6c a 4" device with and A8 chip and Touch ID, tons of people would snatch it up.

Plus, there is this:
iPhone-6c-Rear.jpg

And you can also read through the roundup on MacRumors, where it is widely speculated that if the 6c did come to market, it would be a 4" device.
iPhone 6c (2015): Everything We Know | MacRumors

koltonh2002

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Because lots of people still want a 4" phone that has up-to-date specs. Not everyone wants a 4.7-5.5" phone, and if they made the 6c a 4" device with and A8 chip and Touch ID, tons of people would snatch it up.

Plus, there is this:
View attachment 87413

And you can also read through the roundup on MacRumors, where it is widely speculated that if the 6c did come to market, it would be a 4" device.
iPhone 6c (2015): Everything We Know | MacRumors

"because people want it". that doesn't mean they won't stick to their trends?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
"because people want it". that doesn't mean they won't stick to their trends?

That doesn't mean they wouldn't release a 6c with a 4.7" screen. If the demand is there for a 4" screen size (which many people still want), there is a chance they would make the 6c have a 4" screen. Plus, there isn't really a trend, considering there is only one other "C" device to compare to.

koltonh2002

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
That doesn't mean they wouldn't release a 6c with a 4.7" screen. If the demand is there for a 4" screen size (which many people still want), there is a chance they would make the 6c have a 4" screen. Plus, there isn't really a trend, considering there is only one other "C" device to compare to.

yes but the trend carried to the 5s. and is an extension of the 5s. so it would make no sense to have different sizes because then they would ALSO shave to keep the 5s. you can't not understand what I mean

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73