I had to have my iphone 6 battery changed out back in December 2016. I had gotten the phone in early 2015. They said it was depleted due to, to many charging cycles. It is now March 2017 and it seems like this new one is already worn down again. I've been trying to let it drain out rather than charge it when it's not too low to do so. Literally started with 50% this morning and already down to 7% I'm getting kind of frustrated with it. I've been working in a location with very weak cell signal so I'm wondering if that is killing it searching for signal? I try to throw it on low power mode to help it.
    Is there anything besides taking it in to get checked that I can do on my own? My battery usage seems consistent also so I'm just puzzled what the deal is. Half tempted to just get an iphone 7 and be done with the 6 and sell it as it is.
    03-15-2017 09:13 AM
    If your phone has low signal it will be working harder searching for a stronger signal.

If you start an online support session with Apple they'd be able to assess the battery for you but in 3 months unless you've got a fault battery or a faulty charger it's unlikely the battery could be depleted already.

Apple battery cycles aren't based on the number of times you charge them, they're based on the number of times you use 100% of the battery capacity. For example if you take your phone off charge on Monday at 100% and it's at 50% by the end of the day and goes back on charge and the same pattern happens the next day those two days will be one cycle as you've used 100% of the battery capacity once over those two days.

Likewise if you top up your phone's charge every time you're in the car and the battery goes back up a charge cycle will only complete when your total use of the battery is 100% capacity not matter how many times it's been on and off charge.

Bearing that in mind it's more likely to be the weak signal causing the phone to work harder than an exhausted battery.
    03-15-2017 03:43 PM
    Looking for a signal will draw more power than having a steady signal and as mentioned above your battery is still considered new. Hopefully you changed your battery with a genuine battery and not a generic one
    03-15-2017 05:01 PM
    Sounds like his battery failed within the first year so Apple Care SHOULD have taken care of the replacement, and as others have said their is NO way a second battery has gone bad this quickly. Either there is something ELSE wrong with the phone, or it's as the others are suspecting something is draining the battery such as a poor signal. You should go back to Apple. I have no doubt they will standby their work and either replace the battery again or maybe even swap out the phone!
    03-16-2017 08:42 PM