How long to replace battery?

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I set up appointment to have my phone looked at. Going to best buy because they had available appointments. Closest apple store is pretty busy and nothing til Tuesday during day and I work. But if I do need to get my battery changed out- tons of trouble with it draining fairly fast in the weather, how long am I looking at to be without a phone? Not crazy about it, cause it's my only source of being in touch with work and all.
Might even consider just leaving it be and dealing with this til I can just upgrade to an iphone 7.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
In the Apple Store, it's pretty quick (if you've booked ahead). I recently had my son's replaced -- in about 45 minutes. I'm not sure that Best Buy will replace it onsite. I would call and checkbefore going there.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I would call Best Buy first. Make sure they will do it. I know Verizon will not. It might void any warranty if anyone other than Apple replaces the battery.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I would call Best Buy first. Make sure they will do it. I know Verizon will not. It might void any warranty if anyone other than Apple replaces the battery.

This. Unless Apple does it, your warranty will be nulled.

Of course if your phone is out of warranty, then it doesn't matter much. I've had mine far too long to have a warranty and my battery needs replacing as well. I'm too lazy to do it and the nearest Apple store is over 90 minutes from me.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Update on this. I did go to best buy yesterday but they send phones out so it woulda taken 5 days. He did confirm my battery was shot. So todayI had the day off from work so I wanted to get it done. So I made appointment for apple store. Had appointment for next Saturday but figured get it done now. I went at like 11:15. Guy checked it out, but no batteries in stock. Said they would contact me when they were on. Could be about a week. I get contacted 2 hours later. At this point I wasn't too happy. I was literally just there, but I guess they got some batteries in unexpected. They wouldn't hold too long so I had go to back today and do it. Took about 90 minutes. I was in the mall so I took advantage and just hung out at Dave and Busters. So far so good and it's working well. I guess I'll just have to be better about not charging it so much. My last battery I guess it had like 565 or so charging cycles. I suppose I'll only charge it if I truly need to. The true test will be tomorrow when I am at work (outside) and see how the battery handles the weather.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner