Need help with screen protector/case decision for iphone6

atomarchio

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I have an iphone 6 purchased at Verizon about 18 months ago. They sold me an otterbox case and then some kind of thin piece glass stuck to the screen somehow.

That glass is cracked and the Otterbox case also cracked at the bottom. As a result, I am looking to replace with something of higher quality.

Should I go with Otterbox case that includes the screen protector? Or would it make more sense to buy an Otterbox without the screen protector and just purchase the screen protector separately?

Which option is more likely to be of higher quality and/or last longer without damage to screen?

Please let me know. Thanks.

olearydan

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I've been very happy with cases from Speck. They are good quality and reasonably priced. They do not however cover the screen so if you still wanted that you'd need to use the same stick-on glass that your current phone has.

Part of the idea of a case is that if/when you drop your phone that the case takes the impact, and thereby may break, rather than your phone. So I wouldn't say a broken case means a failure of that case, it simply means its done it's job and needs to be replaced. Sort of like an airbag in your car. I think Otterbox is a good brand and probably has a bit more style than Speck.

atomarchio

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I understand.

I bought the glass screen protector at local Verizon so they put this on for me. How difficult would it be to remove?

Is there any tips/suggestions you could provide on how to remove without damaging the screen itself? It appears to really be stuck to screen well.

Please let me know. Thanks.

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Glass screen protector's are easy to remove their held on basically with a silicone like residue so all you do is a little corner by the home button pill it up and just slowly pill the rest of it up and it will leave no residue behind simply go buy another one clean your glass with alcohol dry it off with a microfiber cloth align screen protector lay it flat push right in the center and it will adhere itself as far as a case goes if you need the protection of an OtterBox case and I will just call OtterBox and do a warranty on the one you have or you can look at the Lolet heavier duty OtterBox case and if you go that route I would recommend punching out the built-in screen protector because they are complete garbage as far as clarity and everything or you can go with a more formfitting case and a glass screen protector

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
i currently have the zagg sapphire glass and diztronic combo on my 6S Plus and love it and i'm currently in the process of selling the rest of my cases

my wife had an OtterBox symmetry case when she had her 6 and loved it since it's the size of the commuter case but 1 piece instead of 2 but since she has a 7 now that cause is also on it's way to be sold

Last edited by a moderator:

atomarchio

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Can you be more specific about the type alcohol to clean the screen with after I've removed the existing glass screen cover? Is there a particular brand at a local store that you would recommend?

Please let me know. thanks.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods