So I've been having my share of issues with my iphone 6. I really need to take it in to get checked. But today I found it rapidly had some odd battery issues. I work construction so I keep my phone in my lunch box. And it has been cold out. In the 30s and 40s today. Well towards noon time it was around 70% already after starting day at 100 and I keep it on low power mode just to be safe now. Well it rapidly just dumped form 70% down to 10% so I just didn't touch it rest of day and it stayed there. The minute I go to leave for home I plug it into my car charger. It jumps right to 55%. What gives?
    11-01-2016 04:32 PM
    You should totally get the phone checked just for caution, but talking from experience, I experienced something close (not as intense so that's why I'm recommending you to get it checked) when I went to the mountains in Switzerland it was around -10C and Apple says to use the phone between 0C to 35C (not sure correct me if I'm wrong), and so my phone started consuming the double of the battery while I was there. When I got home I checked online and it said that to prevent the failure of the components the phone starts to operate with more intensity so it stays relatively warm on the inside. Perhaps that's what is happening with you... But that time the battery didn't jump to an higher percentage once plugged...
    11-01-2016 07:11 PM
    You should totally get the phone checked just for caution, but talking from experience, I experienced something close (not as intense so that's why I'm recommending you to get it checked) when I went to the mountains in Switzerland it was around -10C and Apple says to use the phone between 0C to 35C (not sure correct me if I'm wrong), and so my phone started consuming the double of the battery while I was there. When I got home I checked online and it said that to prevent the failure of the components the phone starts to operate with more intensity so it stays relatively warm on the inside. Perhaps that's what is happening with you... But that time the battery didn't jump to an higher percentage once plugged...
    I definitely plan to. Probably cheaper to see whats going on and have battery replaced thento be without a phone.Might just upgrade anyways.
    11-02-2016 05:55 PM
    I definitely plan to. Probably cheaper to see whats going on and have battery replaced thento be without a phone.Might just upgrade anyways.
    If you no longer have warranty then definitely upgrade, if the cost is too high! I just received my iPhone 7 Plus and I'm really happy with it! It's definitely a great phone.
    11-03-2016 03:44 PM
    If you no longer have warranty then definitely upgrade, if the cost is too high! I just received my iPhone 7 Plus and I'm really happy with it! It's definitely a great phone.
    Yeah I don't get it. I try to always keep it on low power mode and I got a solar powered battery pack just in case I'm not near a charger. Somedays it is fine. Other days it is not. For instance yesteday, using phone in my house. It was down to 7%, I plug it in jumps to 35%. So odd.

I definitely want to upgrade when I can. I still owe on this one, but I also am unsure how do I transfer things over such as contacts and I know my photos are backed up. I'd likely just keep the old phone to try to sell on my own after I wipe it clean. Would I be likely to get more $ out of it?
    11-27-2016 07:40 AM
    Yeah I don't get it. I try to always keep it on low power mode and I got a solar powered battery pack just in case I'm not near a charger. Somedays it is fine. Other days it is not. For instance yesteday, using phone in my house. It was down to 7%, I plug it in jumps to 35%. So odd.

I definitely want to upgrade when I can. I still owe on this one, but I also am unsure how do I transfer things over such as contacts and I know my photos are backed up. I'd likely just keep the old phone to try to sell on my own after I wipe it clean. Would I be likely to get more $ out of it?
    Well to transfer things that's quite easy, just plug it into power and go to settings, iCloud, Backup and then Back Up now and wait until it's done. This way you will have a Back up made from exactly like your phone was, contacts and everything. Then just erase everything. Hmmm I don't know, if it's out of warranty, I think the cost to replace a battery directly from Apple is between 80$ to 200$, but if it's something else, they would probably charge you almost as much as a current device costs, since they don't repair anything else besides the screen and battery...
    11-27-2016 04:19 PM
    Well to transfer things that's quite easy, just plug it into power and go to settings, iCloud, Backup and then Back Up now and wait until it's done. This way you will have a Back up made from exactly like your phone was, contacts and everything. Then just erase everything. Hmmm I don't know, if it's out of warranty, I think the cost to replace a battery directly from Apple is between 80$ to 200$, but if it's something else, they would probably charge you almost as much as a current device costs, since they don't repair anything else besides the screen and battery...
    I believe I saw it was around $70 for a battery replacement. Wonder how long that takes to do. I have my stuff backed up but to put it on a new phone how does one do that? For my contacts it is all set up through my yahoo email. I went from a flip phone to an iphone and realized I could sit at my computer and just type all my contacts into yahoo and then sync it. Saved me and my big fingers for going nuts inputting it on the phone screen. I'd probably still be sitting here doing it lol jk.
    11-28-2016 05:58 PM
    Here are some stats:

Below -40C lithium-ion will cease to function
    Below -20C a percentage of discharge occurs with lithium-ion batteries
    Above 0C your lithium-ion battery will charge without issue
    Above 45C you should avoid charging a lithium-ion battery
    Above 60C lithium-ion will begin to discharge
    11-29-2016 12:37 AM
    I believe I saw it was around $70 for a battery replacement. Wonder how long that takes to do. I have my stuff backed up but to put it on a new phone how does one do that? For my contacts it is all set up through my yahoo email. I went from a flip phone to an iphone and realized I could sit at my computer and just type all my contacts into yahoo and then sync it. Saved me and my big fingers for going nuts inputting it on the phone screen. I'd probably still be sitting here doing it lol jk.
    Hmm Apple here didn't take long to repair my charger, it was within the same week if I'm not wrong. And it's fairly simple, if you have everything backed up in iCloud, then in your new iPhone during the setup process, it will appear if you want to configure it as a new phone, migrate from Android, or use an iCloud backup, but if you have doubts here's the link in Apple's Website: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph12521?locale=en_US
    mws_1984 likes this.
    11-29-2016 08:49 AM