Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By firedept10
  • 1 Post By Apple98
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Default Should I get it?

Hey everyone, I have found someone I know selling a 6 64gb for $300. Ive looked around the used market and everyone seems to be asking $400 or more for these phones. Is it a good buy? Will the battery still be reasonable even after 2 years of use it already has? And will it still be supported for the next 3 years?

Default Re: Should I get it?

Welcome to iMore!

Should be supported no problem. Good buy, but remember the old adage, "If it sounds to good to be true". I just handed down my 6 64GB to my wife after 2 years of use and it is in perfect working order. Battery was still working fine. Batteries are cheap to replace and even if you do replace the battery, you still end up with a decent deal.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Nanite

Cool, sounds good, thanks for the advice. I know that if iphones are taken care of they are a quality product and last quite a long time. I know everything works good with it so I will probably go and pick it up.
    firedept10 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    927 Global Posts

Just remember that the 6 was the oldest phone the current OS supports. I've had no problem with iOS 10, but by next October, Apple will likely introduce another one and who knows if the 6 will be supported?

That said, if the phone works and the apps you use work, should you care? Up until about a year ago, I had an iPhone 4, whose OS support ran out with iOS 7.1.2. Apps ran fine and I was good with that, but the upgrade to my 6 was because the battery was fading and I also liked the larger screen - not because of it's 'better' OS. An OS which has not, for all practical purposes, changed all that much for years, beyond its hardware demands. See also OSX / MacOS in that regard - but I digress...
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    782 Global Posts

The 5 is the oldest device supported by ios 10, so the 6 should have at least 2 more years if the current trend is kept.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    927 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camaroz1985 View Post
    The 5 is the oldest device supported by ios 10, so the 6 should have at least 2 more years if the current trend is kept.
    I stand corrected! ;-)
    ngc
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts

I jjust recieved a new iPhone 6 (Apple Care+) and I plan to keep it for another year, it still take amazing photos, it's still pretty fast and by the use I give it it's more than enough for me.

I'll only upgrade if I find a deal or seomthing, but in my opinion you'll be happy enough with an i6 for now.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

I would go for it. Sounds like a great deal. Don't wanna pass that up Especially if it's in really good shape.