Is Apple still selling the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Question

The 6 and 6 Plus have been discontinued. You can probably still pick them up from third party sellers though.

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I would avoid the 6 plus as it has an issue with touch responsiveness as the unit gets older. But the 6 is still a great phone.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I would avoid the 6 plus as it has an issue with touch responsiveness as the unit gets older. But the 6 is still a great phone.

Issues reported with this - but seems to be mostly avoided by securing the phone in a rigid case and with some sort of screen protector. Flexing is causing some soldering to come loose on the screen, on some 6 / 6+. Build quality Apple is not really wanting to discuss (quelle surprise - their usual go-to) - but I have a 6 (in a rigid battery backup case) and not (yet) experienced any issues.

As for sales - Apple yanked the 6 / 6+ from their stores in North America the day they announced the 7, essentially making the phone 'obsolete' in their minds. If you are thinking of buying thru your phone provider, anything over $0 over the course of a contract is too much - but yanking it from their Store means it essentially has no retail value, as far as Apple is concerned. But you can, of course, get AppleCare+ with this 'new' phone from a provider or, I suppose, any 3rd Party distributor.

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for posting that SprSynJn i was going to go back to the original apple thread i found a while back but that one will do.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2