Iphone 6 crashing

zhevster

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
Hello, My iphone 6 will be working fine and at 35% charge, then all of a sudden it drops to 1%. Then goes off. If I then plug it into a charger it reboots back to 35%. I have restarted it then I restored it through itunes. Still did it. Today I dumped all the apps and restarted it and it still does it. It sometimes wont actually restart and you have to leave it for half an hour then plug it into a charger and it starts again!! Any ideas?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

This sounds like your battery may be starting to go bad. I suggest making a Genius appointment to have it looked at. Batteries are reasonably cheap to replace.

zhevster

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, That could be the next step. I don't like using the local Apple shop as you cant pre arrange an appointment. So you have to drive into the city, park, walk to the Apple store, book an appointment which is in about two or three hours time, mooch about town and then go back again. Really rubbish customer service in this city. That's why I have been trying to fix it myself.
Its a bit strange that it will work for a couple of days after you restore it, then start crashing again. As you say though, probably best to take it in to the store.........I hate my Apple phone and the service I get with it!!:(:(:(:(:(

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Mine seems to do the same but more on the lines of the battery draining quickly, but now I'm wondering if it is the LTE signal that I have from T mobile. Hardly ever have 4G, I just leave mine on low power mode regularly now.

bigtruck1369

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Mine's been doing the same thing. I had the battery checked and it came back as still having high 80% life left (like, 87% or something), so I'm guessing it must be software. I think someday soon I'll have to do a factory restore.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner