- iMore Intermediate
- 115 Posts
How to wipe a phone clean back to factory settings?
Debating upgrading to another phone. What would I need to do to wipe my current phone clean of all my information/contacts/photos/etc? I'd likely want to try to sell it off. But definitely don't want anything lingering left behind that was mine. Also if I use icloud is there a way to block someone who got my phone from accessing it?
- 09-04-2016, 09:53 AM #2
- 09-04-2016, 10:00 AM #3iMore Intermediate
- 228 Posts
Re: How to wipe a phone clean back to factory settings?
If you're going to buy another iPhone I recommend you to do a backup then everything in your phone is save. Then you have to erase you iPhone to sell it. Go to the settings > general > on the bottom you'll find "reset" > and then tap on erase all content and settings. And after this you have to put your passcode so that they have sure that is really you that's resetting the phone and you done. Ready to sell it.
- 09-04-2016, 10:07 AM #4
- 09-06-2016, 07:06 AM #5
- 09-06-2016, 01:35 PM #6
- By amr ashraf mostafa in forum iPhone 6s PlusReplies: 13Last Post: 09-08-2016, 06:56 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-04-2016, 09:49 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-04-2016, 09:37 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-04-2016, 07:42 AM