Reset iPhone 6 and having issues, any help?

I

iMore Question

Reset iPhone 6 and having issues

So I reset my iPhone 6 (erase all content and settings) thinking that it would get rid of the ios 10 beta update I downloaded (it didnt). Idk what I was thinking but I never did a backup on itunes. So my only choices right now is to backup from icloud or to set up as new phone. But I've heard that the icloud backup can take many days, being unable to use your phone for several days. So I have a couple of questions.
1. Is there a way to speed up the icloud backup process or a completely different way to get my stuff back?
2. If I set up as a new phone, Iso there still a way to get my stuff back?
3. I have put all my photos on a laptop (windows), how can I get them back on my phone, if there is a way.

Thanks and please answer, anything will help.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Reset iPhone 6 and having issues

Unless your internet connection is ran by turtles in a spinning wheel, I highly doubt your restore will take several days. A few hours? Maybe. But surely not several days. And the iCloud restore process has sped up from previous years. Now it does your data, contacts, texts and those items first. And then it boots up and does the larger items like pictures, applications and music afterwards so you can use your phone sooner.

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: Reset iPhone 6 and having issues

2. If I set up as a new phone, Iso there still a way to get my stuff back?

If you go back to iOS 9, you will be able to restore the last backup you did in iOS 9. iOS 10 backups are not compatible with iOS 9. If you upgrade back to iOS 10, you will be able to restore the last iOS 10 backup.

iCloud data will not be affected. So you will still have access to all your photos, videos, etc...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73