Forgot iPhone 6 password. How do I reset?

atomarchio

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Forgot iphone 6 password. How do I reset?

I purchased iphone6 for my daughter last year.

She forgot the password and now we can't use the phone. At the time she forgot, it was not connected via wifi.

How do we reset the phone so it can be used again? I have access to the icloud account and tried "erase" but that did not seem to do anything.

Please let me know. Thanks.

atomarchio

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Forgot iphone 6 password. How do I reset?

I've never used itunes before. Will the erase work if I have not synced phone to itunes previously?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I've never used itunes before. Will the erase work if I have not synced phone to itunes previously?

If you have a backup you may be able to get some back, otherwise your data is likely gone. Read the link and it will have the details. Every one is different.

atomarchio

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

Here is error message when trying the restore.

"There was a problem downloading software for the iphone. an unknown error occured (-39)."

What should I do now?

please help. Thanks.

atomarchio

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

I finally got this working.

Also got message saying 5GB of backup is almost full.

Is there a way to change which files are actually backed up? I already use dropbox to wirelessly backup photos and videos.

I want contacts and other things backed up instead. Also, is there a way to change how often a backup occurs?

Please help. Thanks.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I finally got this working.

Also got message saying 5GB of backup is almost full.

Is there a way to change which files are actually backed up? I already use dropbox to wirelessly backup photos and videos.

I want contacts and other things backed up instead. Also, is there a way to change how often a backup occurs?

Please help. Thanks.
Another thought, if you have iCloud enabled for your accounts, they are backed up (calendar, contacts, etc.) But you'll need to have that set as the default so anything saved goes to iCloud. I use both iCloud and Google and they're each saved on their own servers. When I add the accounts back after restoring my device, buying a new one, etc., the data will show up on my phone.

atomarchio

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

I don't need to backup photos and videos. by turning that backup off, it looks like I've saved plenty of room now.

That's what I wanted to do.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I don't need to backup photos and videos. by turning that backup off, it looks like I've saved plenty of room now.

That's what I wanted to do.

OK, I was thinking of the backup itself. You disabled those things in iCloud, then? That will save space on iCloud, but it's independent of the backup I was referring to :) The good news is you got what you needed.

atomarchio

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
There was already a backup from a month ago that I was able to restore with.

It restored contacts, text messages and everything else including photos/videos. I don't need the photos/videos backed up so I turned that off to save space. Those already get backed up to dropbox.

It reduced my backup size almost in half from 4.8 to 2.5GB. If everything else still gets backed up, that's perfect for me.