Searching for service...

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm an interloper from AC. I bought a 128 GB iPhone 6 and went through all the ropes to make sure it was free and clear and ready to be activated. I sold it to a person who is having issues with "searching for service" even though the phone worked fine when I activated it myself.

He put a brand new SIM in and troubleshot EVERYTHING and now wants his money back.

What the heck is going on? I can't seem to find a straight answer. I'm not an iPhone person.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I turned off everything and helped him set it up. It instantly activated.

Now that I have the phone back it won't recognize my sim card at all. It pops up searching, or No Service. Then when I put my sim back in my S7 Edge it instantly finds service.

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Try Settings, General, scroll to bottom to Reset, select Reset Network Settings.
Then try to see if it connects. IF that fails you may have a board issue. Next step is Apple store.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Try Settings, General, scroll to bottom to Reset, select Reset Network Settings.
Then try to see if it connects. IF that fails you may have a board issue. Next step is Apple store.

I live in Montana. No Apple Stores. Might just go to Verizon

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I've tried resetting network settings.
Soft reset.
Airplane mode.
Factory data reset.
New SIM card from my secret stash.
Nothing works.

I lost a ton of money on this damn thing.

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately its something that may not be user fixable. I think that issue happens to often and apple needs to address it.

Anjumonu

Banned
Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
I have the same kinda issue but network reset works for me. I have been to apple store they said it was a water damage and doesn't covers the warranty. After a week I found the solution on the internet, Luckily that worked for me.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I have the same kinda issue but network reset works for me. I have been to apple store they said it was a water damage and doesn't covers the warranty. After a week I found the solution on the internet, Luckily that worked for me.

I checked the water indicator and it's not tripped. I currently have a giant glorified iPod.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox