Do I need to get my iPhone battery replaced?

kookiekook

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
so I have a iPhone 6 and bought it around 1 year ago. for some reason my phone has been draining over 50% overnight. around 12am-8pm. It usually doesn't happen like this. idk why it's like this. I would charge 100% evernight and leave it and when I wake up in the morning i see 57%. please help! turning off location doesn't help. do I need to get my battery replaced or wat? thank you!

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
1. Plug it in at night so it doesn't "drain overnight".
2. Go to Settings > Battery > look under Battery Usage to see what apps are using the most battery > adjust accordingly.

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
For a test, shut down the radios while you sleep (select airplane mode) and compare the rate of discharge. This should tell you if there's a rogue app spending all its time uploading your data, and let you focus on apps which don't need to communicate, or the possibility you have a failing battery which self-discharges without doing any useful work.

The other thing to consider is whether you installed any new apps (or updates) just before the battery problems started happening.

kookiekook

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
my phone is running out of battery so fast without use. idk wat to do. I tried everything the comments told me. it used to not be like this? like last week

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Do I need to get my iPhone batter replaced?

my phone is running out of battery so fast without use. idk wat to do. I tried everything the comments told me. it used to not be like this? like last week

A last ditch effort would be to restore your iPhone and set it up as a new device, don't install any additional apps, and observe your battery drain. If your battery life is fine it was a software issue. If your battery is still draining quickly it's a hardware problem.
Have you owned your phone for less than a year, or are you covered by AppleCare+? If so, go to an Apple Store or contact Apple Support.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Test the battery with this test.

Write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute.
If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox