Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default why is the key code to unlock my Iphone suddenly have yellow lines?

Only the 4 numbers/digits that is used in my password combination is underlined with yellow lines. This just suddenly happend. The Iphone Version i have is Iphone 6.

Default Re: why is the key code to unlock my Iphone suddenly have yellow lines?

Welcome to iMore! Are you able to post a screen shot of what you're talking about?
    iMore Nanite

this happened to mine as well... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3723.PNG 
Views:	43 
Size:	281.5 KB 
ID:	107264Click image for larger version. 

ID:	107264

Wow! Haven't seen that. Is it all the time? Have you tried a reboot?

Default Why does the key code to unlock my iPhone suddenly have yellow lines?

It's a new one on me! Odd. Couldn't find any info on it. Looks to be on the outside of the screen.
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 05-25-2016 at 08:48 PM.

Default Re: Why does the key code to unlock my iPhone suddenly have yellow lines?

Welcome to iMore! Interesting...

Does it coincide with your passcode?
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Why does the key code to unlock my iPhone suddenly have yellow lines?

Have you tried to change the passcode?

Default Why does the key code to unlock my iPhone suddenly have yellow lines?

It appears rk227 was a one post wonder.
    It looks to me like small pieces of yellow tape stuck on the screen.
    Look close up at it. But if so, how the screenshot?

Done like this: My screen.
    iMore Nanite

It happened to me too. I did a search and discovered this thread. Same numbers, and not all are used in my passcode. So I think the OPs passcode correlation was just coincidence. I rebooted and the lines were gone. Anyway... Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    It appears rk227 was a one post wonder.
    It looks to me like small pieces of yellow tape stuck on the screen.
    Look close up at it. But if so, how the screenshot?

Done like this: My screen.
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...faaf5c73be.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by yesjess View Post
    It happened to me too. I did a search and discovered this thread. Same numbers, and not all are used in my passcode. So I think the OPs passcode correlation was just coincidence. I rebooted and the lines were gone. Anyway... Weird.
    Did you get a screenshot?
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    Did you get a screenshot?
    Happened to my daughter too! Went away with a restart

Quote Originally Posted by sharon326 View Post
    Happened to my daughter too! Went away with a restart
    Sure looks odd. Like it was photoshopped on.
    iMore Nanite

Woke up this morning and had the same lines on my phone. Does not correspond to my passcode.

Quote Originally Posted by dmocty View Post
    Woke up this morning and had the same lines on my phone. Does not correspond to my passcode.
    Welcome to iMore! As previously stated, restarting your device should fix the problem. Reset your device by holding the power button and home button down simultaneously until you see the Apple boot logo.
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by DevilishBanker View Post
    Welcome to iMore! As previously stated, restarting your device should fix the problem. Reset your device by holding the power button and home button down simultaneously until you see the Apple boot logo.
    I had the exact same thing happen, it looks like the 6,8, and 9 keys are linked to this glitch in some way, as it was the same on mine. However, the more I re-unlocked my phone, more bars appeared elsewhere. After about six times, I had a grey bar under the 0, 1 and a few apps on my home screen. I will post screenshots when I figure out how 😅

Quote Originally Posted by datboiardee View Post
    I had the exact same thing happen, it looks like the 6,8, and 9 keys are linked to this glitch in some way, as it was the same on mine. However, the more I re-unlocked my phone, more bars appeared elsewhere. After about six times, I had a grey bar under the 0, 1 and a few apps on my home screen. I will post screenshots when I figure out how
    Push the top power button and the home button at the same time for a screenshot. Or go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Assistive Touch > Tap > device> more> Tap screenshot.
    iMore Nanite

I meant how to post one lol

Quote Originally Posted by datboiardee View Post
    I meant how to post one lol
    Oh, ok. How are you accessing the site? Online? App? You can use the iMore forums app on iOS.
    iMore Nanite

I have this same issue, but the lines are red and under the same numbers.
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by rk227 View Post
    this happened to mine as well... Click image for larger version. 

ID:	107264Click image for larger version. 

ID:	107264
    iMore Nanite

This happened to my iPhone 6 Plus
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why does the key code to unlock my iPhone suddenly have yellow lines?-13672520_10202113857643752_823740321_n.jpg