Why does the key code to unlock my iPhone suddenly have yellow lines?

I

iMore Question

why is the key code to unlock my Iphone suddenly have yellow lines?

Only the 4 numbers/digits that is used in my password combination is underlined with yellow lines. This just suddenly happend. The Iphone Version i have is Iphone 6.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: why is the key code to unlock my Iphone suddenly have yellow lines?

Welcome to iMore! Are you able to post a screen shot of what you're talking about?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: why is the key code to unlock my Iphone suddenly have yellow lines?

Wow! Haven't seen that. Is it all the time? Have you tried a reboot?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's a new one on me! Odd. Couldn't find any info on it. Looks to be on the outside of the screen.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It appears rk227 was a one post wonder.
It looks to me like small pieces of yellow tape stuck on the screen.
Look close up at it. But if so, how the screenshot?

Done like this: My screen.
77581963aee98df4599b10faaf5c73be.jpg

yesjess

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
It happened to me too. I did a search and discovered this thread. Same numbers, and not all are used in my passcode. So I think the OPs passcode correlation was just coincidence. I rebooted and the lines were gone. Anyway... Weird.

It appears rk227 was a one post wonder.
It looks to me like small pieces of yellow tape stuck on the screen.
Look close up at it. But if so, how the screenshot?

Done like this: My screen.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160527/77581963aee98df4599b10faaf5c73be.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It happened to me too. I did a search and discovered this thread. Same numbers, and not all are used in my passcode. So I think the OPs passcode correlation was just coincidence. I rebooted and the lines were gone. Anyway... Weird.

Did you get a screenshot?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Woke up this morning and had the same lines on my phone. Does not correspond to my passcode.

Welcome to iMore! As previously stated, restarting your device should fix the problem. Reset your device by holding the power button and home button down simultaneously until you see the Apple boot logo.

datboiardee

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! As previously stated, restarting your device should fix the problem. Reset your device by holding the power button and home button down simultaneously until you see the Apple boot logo.
I had the exact same thing happen, it looks like the 6,8, and 9 keys are linked to this glitch in some way, as it was the same on mine. However, the more I re-unlocked my phone, more bars appeared elsewhere. After about six times, I had a grey bar under the 0, 1 and a few apps on my home screen. I will post screenshots when I figure out how 😅

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I had the exact same thing happen, it looks like the 6,8, and 9 keys are linked to this glitch in some way, as it was the same on mine. However, the more I re-unlocked my phone, more bars appeared elsewhere. After about six times, I had a grey bar under the 0, 1 and a few apps on my home screen. I will post screenshots when I figure out how

Push the top power button and the home button at the same time for a screenshot. Or go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Assistive Touch > Tap > device> more> Tap screenshot.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2