- iMore Newbie
- 48 Posts
Push Notifications Not Working
I recently changed out my iPhone 6 with a replacement from Geek Squad. After finishing the backup of my old data, it appears that my push notifications are not working. I checked "Notifications" under "Settings" and everything appears normal.
Thanks in advance!!!
- 05-04-2016, 08:03 PM #2
- 24,994 Posts
Why Aren't My Push Notifications Working?
The apps may have lost permissions. You know how new apps ask permission to do this or that?
1. Delete the apps who don't have Push notifications any more form the device.
2. Do a hard reset.
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
3. Go to settings and set date and time ahead a day
4. Turn the device off again, then turn it back on.
5. Install the apps again and It'll ask for notification like the first time you installed It.
This will reset the notification settings. Reset your time and date.
If this doesn't work, you may need to restore your phone as new. Not from a back up.
- By samduffy in forum iCloudReplies: 10Last Post: 05-07-2016, 10:05 AM
- By Malek Yamout in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-04-2016, 06:45 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5Replies: 1Last Post: 05-04-2016, 03:54 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple TVReplies: 1Last Post: 05-03-2016, 04:23 PM
- By Snappy Phoenix in forum iPhone SEReplies: 2Last Post: 05-03-2016, 03:47 PM