- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Is tethering possible using WIFI, NOT data (carrier) via USB cable?
I've found tons of info about tethering using data, but not WIFI via USB cable
When I search for tethering and WIFI of course I find tons of info about how to use my phone as a wifi hotspot
This is not what I'm trying to do
I don't want to use the carrier's data at all
I want to use a wifi connection I have on the phone to get internet onto my PC via USB cable
A question like: "why don't your use you PC to connect to this wifi directly?" is not helpful
The answer is it's xfinity wifi and I can't connect using my PC.
It only works on my iphone 6 for some reason.
- 04-04-2016, 11:10 AM #2
Re: Is tethering possible using WIFI, NOT data (carrier) via USB cable?
Xfinity doesn't allow for setting up your own wifi hotspot? You'd connect a wifi hotspot/router to the Xfinity box via ethernet, then connect everything to your own hotspot.
- By jaleelhamid in forum Apple TVReplies: 6Last Post: 06-12-2016, 12:49 PM
- By Eageron in forum IntroductionsReplies: 23Last Post: 04-17-2016, 03:41 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPadReplies: 1Last Post: 04-04-2016, 10:41 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-04-2016, 09:12 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-04-2016, 08:40 AM