- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
I went from a 4s to a 6...with 2 different APPLE ID's added to the merge/transfer mix...Help?
My 4s wouldn't back up to my cloud to merge with the 6. I had part hotmail ID and part gmail (after I couldn't get the HM ID to work, I just created a new gmail ID (on the 4s), because why wouldn't I).
I backed up my 4s to iTunes AND my computer. I then synced my 6 through there...still things are wonky (contacts, apple music, apps, and some messaging). Almost everything is gmail, but some things still pop up HM.
Also, I want to keep the 4s for my Son, I added family sharing and none of the APPS are actually sharing....I like wine.
I am certain a brilliant mind will solve my conundrum. I thank you in advance..happy day!
- 03-28-2016, 01:12 AM #2iMore Newbie
- 25 Posts
Re: I went from a 4s to a 6...with 2 different APPLE ID's added to the merge/transfer mix...Help?
Wow, what a conundrum. I can see why you'd be getting a bit frustrated with this honestly. I've a question to begin with: is your iPhone 4s updated to the latest version of iOS that it possibly can? I've only heard/seen issues of compatibility like this when the older phone is on an older version of iOS than your iPhone 6. Give that a try, and see. That's the first thing that comes to mind as to why the backups aren't coming over smoothly. Good luck! Feel free to write back if that doesn't help or you're stuck on something else.
- By Jin-oh Choi in forum iPad Pro (12.9-inch)Replies: 1Last Post: 04-02-2016, 09:28 AM
- By paramaribo in forum Apple WatchReplies: 3Last Post: 04-02-2016, 05:08 AM
- By MrMars in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 2Last Post: 03-29-2016, 12:58 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 1Last Post: 03-27-2016, 06:48 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iMacReplies: 1Last Post: 03-27-2016, 06:17 PM