My Iphone 6 got wet and won't launch.
The iPhone was found in the toilet bowl. I have no idea how it got there. I did the rice trick, and left the phone alone to dry. After the first day I used an air can to spray air and clean out any kernels of rice. I was surprised that some wetness appeared. So I left the phone alone again for a 1.5 days. Later, I tried to hold down the power button for 30 seconds, no change, I held down the power button and the white button for 30 seconds. I checked the audio jack to see if red was there but it was white. Is there a way to open the phone and check it? Any steps I could use? I can not afford another phone.
- 03-16-2016, 11:45 PM #2
- 4,156 Posts
Re: My Iphone 6 got wet and won't launch.
Welcome to iMore!
Not sure you are going to want to hear what I am about to say. I believe you phone is beyond repair and needs to be replaced. If it has not turned back on in several days, that is not a good sign. Here is a teardown guide for your phone, but I honestly believe you need to replace it. Sorry I did not have better news for you.
- By mr_iphone in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 03-17-2016, 07:48 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 03-17-2016, 05:26 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 03-16-2016, 10:17 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-16-2016, 09:29 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-16-2016, 07:12 PM