Battery draining fast

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I keep my phone on regularly and I charge as needed. So just now it was at 30% and In the 15 minutes I was in bank it just dropped to 24%. I have full service spits not searching service or anything so just struck me as odd. Nothing is up in background either. What gives. It seems stuff like this happens every so often.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. Location services, brightness level, location-based iAds, or any number of things could be the culprit, but which one(s), I do not know. Did the battery drainage return to normal after leaving the bank?

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I keep my phone on regularly and I charge as needed. So just now it was at 30% and In the 15 minutes I was in bank it just dropped to 24%. I have full service spits not searching service or anything so just struck me as odd. Nothing is up in background either. What gives. It seems stuff like this happens every so often.

Only recommendation I can offer is to do a restore or have your  store check it out.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a shotty aftermarket charger in my car and I've been noticing when I use that one I get battery fluctuations more than normal. So I've been charging with reputable Bricks at home like a Samsung one for my old note and an old blackberry one. As well I am using an old blackberry charger in my car also.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I will always use the charger that came with it and if I needed a new one I would not get a cheap one. I'd get the proper one. Guess it's just a thing thats gonna happen now and then where it drains a little quicker.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
As D' said, it can be a number of culprits.
1. Turn screen brightness down as much as possible.
1. Go through Location Services and turn off anything not neccessary.
3. Turn off most in System Services.
4. Watch for apps running in the background too much. Like Facebook, TapaTalk and the stock Mail app. Swipe those out of multitasking when not in use.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
With battery issues a screenshot of your battery data is helpful. Settings > Battery

Make sure to tap the little clock near the top so it shows the percentages and background usage details.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456105840.609946.jpg